Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Vandals attack Model Railway show  (Read 8877 times)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Vandals attack Model Railway show
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2019, 12:25:55 AM »
It all went south when they abolished the death penalty, corporal punishment, workhouses and transportation for life. I feel a letter to the editor of the Daily Mail coming on.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2019, 03:35:17 PM »
Whilst I agree a £500 fine isn't much compared to the many thousands of pounds of damage caused, I think it's reasonable and people need to look at it with some perspective.

The court could fine them the total cost of the damage caused but how could teenage boys ever pay it back?

Better a Student loan style debt, or lifelong indenture to network rail - although that second is a bit extreme.

2 years penal service to the train enthusiasts club, sounds better - like an apprenticeship but in real chains

STill what happened to the damn ball? it was guilty to! What did they do to it?

Did they leave it in a 'no ball games' purgatory? Hah. bet it was just let go, probably did not feel any remorse, gloating and over inflated somewhere plotting its next vandalism.

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2019, 07:23:20 AM »
Whilst I agree a £500 fine isn't much compared to the many thousands of pounds of damage caused, I think it's reasonable and people need to look at it with some perspective.

The court could fine them the total cost of the damage caused but how could teenage boys ever pay it back?

The parents could pay it back, it would send a strong message out to other parents to stop neglecting parental responsibility and teach them to behave, or else. Facebooks farming pages are full of posts at the moment about young kids as well as teenagers setting light to fields of standing corn, straw or hay, or rolling round bales into dykes and drains, even whilst there are farm staff in the same fields working. Liberal society has taught these children no respect for others or their property and no fear of the consequences for their actions. 

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2019, 07:52:55 AM »
The parents could pay it back, it would send a strong message out to other parents to stop neglecting parental responsibility and teach them to behave, or else. Facebooks farming pages are full of posts at the moment about young kids as well as teenagers setting light to fields of standing corn, straw or hay, or rolling round bales into dykes and drains, even whilst there are farm staff in the same fields working. Liberal society has taught these children no respect for others or their property and no fear of the consequences for their actions.

“Liberal society”

Please leave the politics out of it. Thanks.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2019, 09:01:59 AM »
Given that the verdict has been returned, I don't think this thread is that purposeful any more (as compared to publicizing the laudable donation drive). I would prefer if we could refrain from politics and the woes of failing social mores - I'll leave the tread for reference but lock it as read-only. If there is a truly pertinent new development, let me know by PM and we'll see if it warrants unlocking.