Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:33:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685048
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15 mm Custom Made Figure - Your choice?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
15 mm Custom Made Figure - Your choice?
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
So, first, to vote, you have to be willing to plunk down the cost of custom designed figure (sculptor, mold, casting), otherwise you are just wishing so instead go fishing.  (Like that rule will work!  lol)

But seriously, what one figure, whatever it is, would you be willing to plunk down your hard earned dollars for to get in 15 mm?  (If you want something in 28 mm go start you own thread!  Please.  ;))

As to cost, I figure something between $75 and $150 US would probably cover it (unless something large and exotic then more likely).  This is based on my using a top sculptor to create something I wanted but not a pulp figure.

I have yet to settle on what I'd want but likely it would be some sort of civilian figure, probably female, maybe a bit scantily clad but not necessarily so - maybe a suite of figures to populate a nightclub: dancers, diners, musicians.  That would cost a bundle, though.  Maybe Short Round from the Indiana Jones universe?

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your "orders".

Offline Deflatermouse

• Librarian
Re: 15 mm Custom Made Figure - Your choice?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 09:58:19 PM »
Strongly tempted by The Phantom. Ghost who Walks. Mr Walker, friend of the Pygmy Bandar, married to Diana Palmer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8zu1_EoBxQ

Followed by Flash Gordon. The Buster Crabbe Flash. (There is no other)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:32:10 AM by Deflatermouse »

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 04:04:42 PM »
I'm assuming you are looking for Pulp responses, otherwise I could move this to the general board?

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 02:57:01 AM »
Question directed squarely at Pulp so please to leave here - but thank you for asking.  ;)

Offline StoneMtnMinis

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
  • When in the course of Human Events
    • Stone Mountain Miniatures, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 01:12:06 AM »
Second the original Flash Gordon, Dale, Ming, and Dr. Zarkov.  You sculpt them and I will mold them and cast at cost.  Probably, coujld fit them into a mold scheduled to be pressed so no mold charge.
Dave
Stone Mountain Miniatures, Inc.
www.WargamingMiniatures.com

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 04:15:01 AM »
If only I had that level of skill!  The thread asks what respondents would be willing to pay to have sculpted, molded, and cast.  Though your offer is generous and under consideration.  But, as suspected, there are few who will step up and pay the price. 

Though I've been wondering at how slow things have been here at LAF of late, at least the boards I frequent.  Seems as slow a period of posting as I've seen in a decade, well, almost a decade of LAF participation.

Offline Deflatermouse

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 08:18:47 AM »
I know Rebel Minis do a 15mm version of the Shadow.
A Grey Ghost would be nice.
There are 28mm versions of the Rocketter etc.
And the Phantom would need a mounted version on Hero. Devil, it would be possible to use an existing model.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 10:46:16 AM »
15mm Flash Gordon or Rocket Ranger!

I have done something similar with 15mm SF...it’s great fun to finally see your own creations come to life.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »
If only I had that level of skill!  The thread asks what respondents would be willing to pay to have sculpted, molded, and cast.  Though your offer is generous and under consideration.  But, as suspected, there are few who will step up and pay the price. 

Though I've been wondering at how slow things have been here at LAF of late, at least the boards I frequent.  Seems as slow a period of posting as I've seen in a decade, well, almost a decade of LAF participation.

I would take part in the cost, though not all of it.

As to the speed. I’ve seen the same, but my boards are currently faster than I am. It’s mostly depended on a few opinion leaders and maybe thei private lives...