Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "55 minutes in Peking" game at Partizan show  (Read 2632 times)

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
Re: "55 minutes in Peking" game at Partizan show
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 03:24:25 PM »
"copplestone" < do we have here a Freudian slip or an autocorrect oops!?  lol   Or were you asking about cobblestone mats?

sorry my taping was too fast and mindless this morning.... lol lol lol

Cobblestone of course  :D
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Offline Keith T

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 09:21:20 PM »
The cobblestone mat is from Cigar box mat's, a cheep and easy way to add roads etc

I plan to add another two feet of wall [Dave at TM terrain] so a total of 6 feet, canal in the center, battle area about 3 feet wide [6 feet long] and Chinese able to attack from both directions.
 Looking to add a deck of action cards to the rules and some event cards, want to avoid the Boxers being able to coordinate their attacks and make the legation defend all possible points of entry .

Not trying to do an exact refight but more a playable game, very few photos of the city at this time that I have found but will add more buildings[ good idea yes some burned out ones as well].Also need to paint up around 50 more Boxers.
 The American marines are being cast as I type.
 Watch out for more over the next couple of months.
Keith
https://victoriousminiatures.com also on Facebook.

Keith T

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 01:07:43 AM »
An interesting alternative scenario would be to set the scene during the First Sino Jap war where the Japanese took Pingyao,so Japanese versus Chinese regulars and militia

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
Looking again today and saw you did the water gate as an appropriately low gate. 

Like that the canal is not blue, though I plan to go with a more green color befitting the canal's nick name at the time as the Jade River - all that algae in stagnant water I'm guessing.  And I plan to add a little 'comic relief' in the river, too, but what it will be is a big secret for now.  Shhh!  lol

Also, still on the canal, I plan to have a few variable length sections of the canal to deal with the issue with table length to get the canal as near the end of the table as possible.  Also, plan to add very low walls to either side, some in heavily damage state.  An ever present convention challenge - we carefully prepare our setup ahead of time and then get tables that don't quite fit our well laid plans.