Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Random Event cards for Zulu Wars  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Random Event cards for Zulu Wars
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:51:36 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone advise if there are random event cards for the Zulu Wars that are available?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Re: Random Event cards for Zulu Wars
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 08:01:04 AM »
Those ones
http://www.thevirtualarmchairgeneral.com/345-Card%20Decks.html#TSATFZuluDeck
But you have to game with TSATF which I suggest 🙂

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »
Those ones
http://www.thevirtualarmchairgeneral.com/345-Card%20Decks.html#TSATFZuluDeck
But you have to game with TSATF which I suggest 🙂

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Helen

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 08:45:00 PM »
but as we are all among more or less expert wargamers and kind of amateur historians ;D lol
it would not be difficult to create an event table or event card partially guiding/influencing your game..it's sufficient to let our mind galloping also toward less historical pulp situations...
i did some sort of event tables on my own, may years ago,  for example for Abyssinia 1896, Vendée 1793 and i'm planning to do it for Risorgimento in the South..(of course depicting French Republicans and Garibaldini as thugs and Royalists and Bourbons as romantic heroes  ;))
for example..events could happen only with a certain dice trow at the beginning of the turn...then you could have for AZW such things has:

" NNC refuse to fight..must be encouraged at gun point..officer fire some revolvers  shots and see what happens"
" screwdrivers and quartermaster are'nt on your side...trow from which unit is out of ammo"
" Vedettes were sleeping ..a zulu unit appear from nowere near the closest tearrain feature (Donga)"
" Lt Melville  and Coghil being ordered to save the colours ..each unit/group of figures  on their path must act with the only aim to protect them "
"young warriors from an unmarried regiment broke ranks and charge without orders the nearest Imperial unit"
plus nasty events connected with weather (flooded rivers in South africa ) or personalities.."a small mounted volunteer unit disobey order, leave  their Natal garrison and come to your rescue"..maybe lead by Lt Col. Dunford or by indipendent minded Boer leader Piet Uys....and so on
As inspiration and, obviuosly, in  addition to the classic "Washing of the spears" i  suggest you, if your French is passable but also only for the tables, to purchase one or few  BD Album of this series...for me it has been a great inspiration for names, situations and fun...if you need some scans i can send you with pleasure:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:53:46 PM by italwars »

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 10:41:48 PM »
Thank you very much with some of your ideas. My housemate is good with the French so will ask her.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Best regards,

Helen