Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:01:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Incoming - Official Elder Scrolls Minis Game  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
Incoming - Official Elder Scrolls Minis Game
« on: May 20, 2019, 04:38:59 PM »
Modiphius just announced they will be producing a 32mm scale game seemingly along the lines of their Fallout game. The game is titled Call to Arms.

https://www.modiphius.net/collections/the-elder-scrolls-call-to-arms/products/elder-scrolls-miniature-dragonborn-triumphant

The promo fig available to order is of the brand-iconic Dragonborn:

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Re: Incoming - Official Elder Scrolls Minis Game
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 10:09:09 PM »
Interesting.  I bought the 2 player starter for Fallout, more for the mini's than anything.  I like Elder scrolls alright, more into Fallout but I'll keep an eye on it in case it seems any good.  If it turns out to have a streamlined dungeoncrawl type mode, that could be a nice-to-have.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:13:33 PM by Hupp n at em »

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »
Jon Webb from Modiphius clarified this Call to Arms is a revised version of the Fallout ruleset. The designer is Mark Latham.

As to what the minis will be made of:
Expect an announcement soon on materials. Either way there will be a resin version of the minis. If it stays as PVC we have (finally) had a better quality (read harder) PVC sample that we will be able to roll out for Fallout too.

But, there is a chance it might be something even better. I don't want to get hopes up yet as we are in final decision making/costing to make that happen.

If that goes well... well it will have an impact on Fallout too...

Offline Firescale Whack

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 02:43:52 AM »
Hoping the material used is better than the fallout stuff. The PVC used was terrible, figures all wonky straight from the box and the detail was very poor. I don't understand companies that don't want to use metal anymore aswell as resin "premium" sculpts rather than shite PVC.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 12:53:22 PM »
There will be two starter sets, a smaller one focused on solo play and a larger one focusing on the civil war storyline from Skyrim.

The smaller set will come with the Dragonborn and some draugr to fight.

The larger one will include (at least) the following characters:

- Hadvar
- Ralof
- Yrsarald Thrice-Pierced
- Marcurio
- Mjoll the Lioness
- Ulfric Stormcloak
- Galmar Stone-Fist
- General Tullius
- Lydia

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 03:04:42 PM »
Given Modiphius's track record with Fallout, add 6 months to each release date announced for direct orders/direct vendors and 12 months until stable retail releases.

Offline mr ed

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 04:56:19 PM »
- Lydia

They have crunchy rules for getting in the way then?

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 05:00:50 PM »
Chris Birch on why things with Fallout have gone the way they have:
With the issues we had with the Fallout pre-order (offering all 3 months of releases in month one meaning we had to split production rather than focus per month) we've learned and there won't be big pre-orders which cause those issues. We'll be pre-ordering with distribution so we have a gauge on numbers but again they'll only be able to order for the planned monthly drops, but like with all launches distributors never give us the true numbers until the week of release. It's almost impossible to make the right amount of stock and it's why you see massive games being shorted to distributors (ie they don't get as much as they asked for - usually because they only asked for the full numbers the week of release). Knowing that, we're making more launch stock than Fallout to get ahead of the demand and we're investing in stock so there should be plenty for launch assuming it goes as well as Fallout and can keep the expansions in stock.
So lessons learned and put into practice.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »
Jon also corrected the misquote in the video game press regarding the starter sets:

The smaller (one player) set will be Dragonborn against skellies and draugr.

The larger (two player) set will also feature skellies and draugr — but as to characters, it will only have Hadvar, Ralof, Yrsarald Thrice-Pierced, and an Imperial mage (whom he did not name). BUT it will also come with some Stormcloaks and Imperials. So you can see, the civil war theme of Skyrim is going to figure heavily.

The other characters mentioned above will be part of the wider line.

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 07:47:59 PM »
So lessons learned and put into practice.

Let's see if they can actually hold to the schedule they've put out for stabilizing Fallout Wave 1 and the first Wave 2 releases, before we call the lessons put into practice.  We've seen Modiphius announce (and blow) release dates for Fallout several times before before, after all.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm still gonna buy Fallout minis.  I love the game.  But I'm also going to stay in the, "I guess I'll mentally add 3-12 months to the release dates, based off prior experience" mindset until things actually change.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 09:38:41 PM »
Fair enough. Agreed on missing releases. As recently as two weeks ago, they announced on FB that the vertibird would be available last week. But that didn’t happen — owing to, of all things, a problem with the machine that shrink wraps the product! They are still working out a lot of issues that can only be foreseen with the benefit of having already overcome them. The hope is that, having learned a lot from FO, there will be less challenging surprises looking ahead.

Offline Night Owl

• Student
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 05:21:56 AM »
Can anyone here who has played the Fallout miniatures game tell us much about the AI system. How does it hold up for solo play?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 08:13:53 AM »
By now Modiphius has a good track record of promising deadlines, missing them and then coming up with new promises...and missing those too. Inifnity RPG, Siege of the Citadel (almost 2 years late and no actual release date on the total package), Fallout...it's all not great. They make great products, but their project management is not the best.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 07:36:53 PM »
Can anyone here who has played the Fallout miniatures game tell us much about the AI system. How does it hold up for solo play?
Ash has a series of vids explaining and demonstrating both PvP and solo gaming:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwUZuyyt5kfV1lLAxvwj6cqY

For solo, start with Ep 3.

Offline Marshall Sparks

• Bookworm
    • Mark A. Latham Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »
Well, my first model is painted up...