Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:17:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Partizan 2019  (Read 1785 times)

Offline SirGromit1879

• Librarian
Re: Partizan 2019
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 08:02:51 PM »
Thank you for a very enjoyable read JJ. Always look forward to your show reports

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 08:23:16 PM »
Thanks for the pix - first time I've seen anything of the games despite being there all day  o_o

It was mentally busy (which is great from a business PoV) but only got off the stand for a quick visit to the loo!

Apologies to everybody I didn't get a chance to properly speak to  :'(

Offline CaptainBigglesmay

• Assistant
  • Aucto Splendore Resurgo
    • My Photo bucket
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 08:53:03 AM »
Fantastic day, reminds me why it's still the one show ID always be happy to travel for. Good traders even if one or two had too much space which smaller traders could have used. I'll be picky and moan at Warlord for this. No need for all that room and wasted empty space.

Real shout out to Foundry, five pound packs, they're changing over so all the old ones were going cheap. Picked up an ECW regiment I didn't know I wanted. Further shout out for placing an order in the morning and they were doing runs back to foundry to collect orders which was a nice touch. Would suggest if everything was ten pounds a pack rather than a show price I'd order more often.

Do miss a bring and buy still, or more importantly the hire a table sale other shows have started to do. But understand space reasons.

Display games, liked the FWW, mostly the organic trench lines with the building part of the French lines. The Sikh war impressive as ever from those chaps. Some good WW2 as a change as well as the "Waterloo" game which was good to see Hanoverian and Dutch troops rather than the usual not Waterloo table packed with British. All in all a good standard and quality. I don't know why but I keep expecting the Perry's game to bowl me over and it doesn't. Maybe the photos of games they play at home look better than in the flesh.