Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Brace of Murats - Sho Boki 15mm  (Read 836 times)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
A Brace of Murats - Sho Boki 15mm
« on: May 22, 2019, 11:30:42 PM »
Having waited in vain for 25+ years for AB Figures to produce a Murat, Sho Boki kindly released a whole regiment of the great man!  So here's my review: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2019/05/23/the-first-horseman-of-europe-marshal-murat-in-15mm-sho-boki-miniatures/

Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: A Brace of Murats - Sho Boki 15mm
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 04:37:32 AM »
I did not read the entire post as I ought to be asleep but this must be unique in all of historical miniatures history so far.  One sculptor to create so many versions of the same historical figure - as a figure - is unheard of in my experience.  I love it.  And I'm not a big fan of Napoleonics, just the situation.  Oh, and nice painting.

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 10:32:55 AM »
I did not read the entire post as I ought to be asleep but this must be unique in all of historical miniatures history so far.  One sculptor to create so many versions of the same historical figure - as a figure - is unheard of in my experience.  I love it.  And I'm not a big fan of Napoleonics, just the situation.  Oh, and nice painting.
Yes it's something that I've been wanting for years.  I used to work on the AB Figures stand at shows and it was an idea that was regularly suggested to Mr B, but sadly nothing came of it and Sho Boki has plugged the gap with aplomb.

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 10:35:14 AM »
I forgot to add that if you had read any further down my blog, you most certainly would be asleep... ;)

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 04:01:39 PM »
Excellent stuff - have those very Murats in my queue.  You've done a magnificent job with them.

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 10:37:54 PM »
Excellent stuff - have those very Murats in my queue.  You've done a magnificent job with them.
Thanks Abu.  :D

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »
Extremely handsome, grand, fancy and so well painted uniforms!  :-*
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »
Extremely handsome, grand, fancy and so well painted uniforms!  :-*
Cheers Din! :)