Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Twilight of Divine Right test game AAR and rules review  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: Twilight of Divine Right test game AAR and rules review
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 03:01:03 PM »
OG are my favourites for pikemen, as they don't come with cast-on pikes, but still offer a very stable basis for using long wire pikes. Their marching musketeers are also perfectly OK, and I got to like them simply because they're quicker to paint than others. I also really like their cannons and artillery crew (because you can never have enough of those anyway). Cavalry is also nice, because horses and riders are separate, so you can have some variety in horse poses there. Just beware, their cavalry (as I complained recently) is a bit more expensive than elsewhere.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 04:36:21 PM »
After having posted about OG and irregular, I went and browsed their websites. OG have no pictures, but a bit of googling found some. I then recognised the figures, and realised I have quite a few OG pike and shot figures, I think I have painted up some of the shot, which I quite like. The pikes as they are cast in strips work less well for me, as my basing is 40mm wide, and the strips are about 25mm, so either look a bit lost, or need some cutting up.

I’ve also got some Irregular ECW, which seem quite skinny compared to Pendraken, and to some other Irregular  figures I have. So now I’m feeling very forgetful!

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 07:56:12 PM »
Yeah, the Irregular ones are a bit slight compared to OG, Pendraken oder Lancer. The cool thing about those though is that you can get single officers, halbardiers, horse holders, and so on for baggage train bases, commander bases, so you can get some variety into that officer corps and into the band of musicians. And once they're all painted and based the difference in size is pretty much negligable (maybe you gotta put them on a little milliput or GS pedestal on the base, so they have the same height as their comrades). Oh, and their selection of lifestock is great. I got a whole flock of their sheep and some wagons for my baggage train.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 08:17:42 PM »
Yes being able to get singles from Irregular is handy. Pendraken have added animals fairly recently, and I have added quite a few bases of sheep, cows, geese and chickens for use in baggage trains, farm scenes, command stands etc!