Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689763
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) HARDWIRED: Cyberpunk Espionage and Mayhem. (new mission 17 July)  (Read 5762 times)

Offline number1section1

• Bookworm
Re: (COMMERCIAL) HARDWIRED: Cyberpunk Espionage and Mayhem
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 08:04:58 AM »
Daft question I have had a look on amazon.uk and there isn't a print option on there, would I have to order from the states? Or is it just that its a new release and needs to filter down?
Did you include some campaign rules, as I remember a discussion in your previous thread?

Well done on getting it released its a great little game!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 09:02:14 AM »
Found out my Amazon account still had a gift card...so ordered it with the most expensive shipping :D. Can't wait to get it and try it.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 01:32:32 PM »
Thanks Mal. Much appreciated. (I'll pm you this weekend regarding InDesign formatting too)

N1S1 - There is a starter mission, as well as a handful of scenario ideas, but I avoided Improvements, Skill Trees, Advancements, and the like. That was intentional. Agents are pretty amped up from the start; a few games, a couple advances, and the missions would be boring as hell with hyper-chromed Agents steamrolling over the opposition.

For now, the game centers on individual scenarios where players construct the team they think stands the best chance at accomplishing the mission. I could release a Scenario supplement later if there's interest, but I'm of the opinion most gamers are well able to create their own. Hardwired is a framework, an excuse to stat out those assorted cool SF miniatures in their collection and game that scene that's been percolating in the back of their mind. 

Regarding the print version at Amazon.UK, I think it should filter down in a couple days. It's available on the US site now. But don't quote me on that - I'm not certain how Amazon International would deal with my little indie pubbed rule book. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:49:24 PM by Dentatus »

Offline number1section1

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »
I will wait until it comes onto amazon.uk then. Gives me an excuse to make and paint up some models for now!
It has always annoyed me how highly trained troops in campaigns somehow improve over little skirmishes I will probably just use the campaign framework from black ops.

Didn't realise that you had novels published as well, have to look into those!

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 05:11:20 PM »
I think a dramatic narrative that lets you string a set of linked missions together would be great.

Start with three Agents of any kind then add a "financial" credit when accomplishing mission objectives. Those would then allow you to hire new/different kinds of Agents to cover any losses and improve your tactical options. That'd work.

For an added challenge, bump the number of H-SEC troops arriving each turn by 1 or 2 when deploying more than 4 Agents.

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 07:16:04 PM »
I will wait until it comes onto amazon.uk then. Gives me an excuse to make and paint up some models for now!
It has always annoyed me how highly trained troops in campaigns somehow improve over little skirmishes I will probably just use the campaign framework from black ops.

I bought my copy off Amazon UK today. Under £8.00, available with Prime delivery.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 09:53:19 PM »

Thank you. I suggest you start with a couple of my later short stories. Try 'A Prayer to St. Strelok', 'Hard Kill', 'Z6: Enemy of my Enemy', or 'The Stones Remember'.

I think it was Stephen King who said every writer who is stubborn enough to keep writing reaches a point where they want to buy up every copy of their first novel so no one will ever read it.

Offline number1section1

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 07:58:25 AM »
Just grabbed a copy off of amazon! Don't have prime but grabbed a copy of one of the books for my favourite scifi rpg so got free postage that way. Also downloaded a sample of A Prayer to St. Strelok to my kindle. Looks like I was a little too keen!

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 08:31:21 AM »
Just ordered a copy, real paper of course :-*

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 10:30:49 PM »
Thanks Storm Wolf.

Do most folks prefer hard copies?  I'll buy a pdf of rules but if the game is going to be played frequently, I need/want a print version.  Do you think that's common or is it an age thing?

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2019, 11:02:43 PM »
Personaly I prefer paper. When I buy a pdf ruleset, I print it, and keep the pdf on my 10" tablet.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2019, 12:20:36 AM »
I'll print out short pdfs but wind up buying hard copies of anything longer than 50 pages.

BTW N1S1, what is your favorite Sci Fi rpg?

Offline number1section1

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2019, 07:54:19 AM »
Personally it depends upon my keenness for the rule set, I will often purchase a pdf then later a paper copy if I am likely to use the ruleset. A good example is RPGs quite often when ordering a book you can get a pdf of the rules discounted or free this helps when bringing it to the table.

Currently I am GMing the W.O.I.N (what's old is new) New system. Its a d6 based system based around dice pools, it has similar character creation to traveller in that you choose your race then upto so many character careers based upon the 'level' of the character, then a few exploits to flavour the character.  There are different flavours of scifi included in the rulebook from hard scifi to science fantasy. It's well worth a look http://www.woinrpg.com/ they do two other ruleset Old which is fantasy and Now which is modern all of which are cross compatible. The books are amazon print on demand and range from a small pocket version to a hardback full colour version. My group uses my black and white softback version and the small pocket version for players to leaf through.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2019, 07:54:43 AM »
Thanks Storm Wolf.

Do most folks prefer hard copies?  I'll buy a pdf of rules but if the game is going to be played frequently, I need/want a print version.  Do you think that's common or is it an age thing?

Hi Denatus, for me it's an age thing i think? I just prefer having a book to flip through. I have and use PDFs but I prefer good old tree matter in paper form😂

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »
Even if you're not very old, reading on a device (tablet, computer) just kills your eyes because of the backlight, and you have to zoom in most of the time.

The only device I really read on is my ebook kindle, wich has a screen made for reading. I read all my books (novels) on it now.

Once they will make an affordable, color ebook (with real e-ink), I will stop printing rules.