Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dice towers  (Read 3288 times)

Andrew_McGuire

Re: Dice towers
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2019, 06:19:18 PM »
Not me. It's on my want list, given that it meets all my criteria - aside from the shock-absorbing, noise-reducing felt - and, wonder of wonders, is not only available to UK customers, but is actually produced in the UK.

Meanwhile, however, my £7 self-assembly jobbie arrived today, and awaits my attention.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2019, 11:44:50 PM »
£60 ? You’re having a LAF , mush . 😁

Yep.. that was my first reaction as well. It's a nice artisan piece but exactly not what I need. I want something to blend in, not be a talking point.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 05:09:26 PM »
Unlike some, perhaps the majority, of contributors, I don't see a dice tower as a terrain piece, though it's a perfectly valid idea, and has given me some ideas. It could even be an objective, with a real purpose, e.g. conferring an extra die roll or rolls on whomever holds it. I'm sure much more could be made of this.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »
Fair enough. My point was that the aesthetic value of my games is important to me, and I prefer the mechanics to be as unobtrusive as possible, so as not to spoil my immersion. Rolling dice on a flat table surface - great, but often we have contours, terrain etc. not to mention the risk to figures. Getting another piece of impedimenta off the table, or at least disguised, is a good outcome for me.