Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686503
  • Total Topics: 118106
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Joan of Arc — I’m blown away by so much awesomeness  (Read 14189 times)

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
Re: 15mm Joan of Arc — I’m blown away by so much awesomeness
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »
It's all looking wonderful. I really wish they had done more scenery pieces and fewer giant monsters in the core set.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2019, 11:40:36 PM »
Fantastic effort!

I hope to be able to dig deeper into this with it coming round again.

Its certainly likely to be my only stray into 15mm gaming, but even with the original core set I have its plenty to last me a lifetimes gaming in that scale.

I think the only thing i'm interested since I went all-in last go around is some more dice ( I did get the plunder set) and the Teutonic set... My reasoning for more dice is when I was setting up for a game one day it dawned on my that with my neoprene mat and everything else I got I have enough for 2 games to go at once... I've sense tested it out and you truly do have enough for 2 scenarios to be set up and since the games play relatively quick everyone could have enough time to play both sides of both scenarios.... The only thing I noticed was that we had a lot of dice sharing which was a bit of a bother... other then that everything was really smooth... always nice to get enough components to have multiple games going on! That also alleviates the one gripe a lot of people who aren't super familiar with miniature wargames have which is set up time.... having 2 different scenarios ready to game is a nice time saver too. 

They also posted new art for one of the heroes today...

Gediminas, the Grand Duke of Lithuania

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 11:46:48 PM by gibby64 »
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »
Finished up my mounted knights, Genovese crossbowman, and a few other units...

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2019, 12:51:16 PM »
You're pumping these out, and they look fantastic!

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2019, 01:16:34 PM »
I so far exclusively play games in the 28mm scale and would say that I so far was not interested in 15mm gaming in the slightest.

Still I find myself looking at this thread continuously and thinking "Wow, these are shining examples of atmospheric art design and fantastic translation of that into miniatures".

And then there is the just excellent quality of painting involved...man, I really hope that I will keep being strong and not add some of those to the "lead" pile as well.

Looking at this thread is a joy. Many thanks!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:24:49 PM by Historiker »
"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2019, 12:28:28 AM »
I so far exclusively play games in the 28mm scale and would say that I so far was not interested in 15mm gaming in the slightest.

Still I find myself looking at this thread continuously and thinking "Wow, these are shining examples of atmospheric art design and fantastic translation of that into miniatures".

And then there is the just excellent quality of painting involved...man, I really hope that I will keep being strong and not add some of those to the "lead" pile as well.

Looking at this thread is a joy. Many thanks!

Glad you like it... I have to admit i've had a bit of a push behind me lately as I was contacted from Mythic Games... They like what i've been doing and want to use some of these photos for promotional stuff and possibly in the next kickstarter... so I've been cranking extra hard to give them more material. I have always only gamed in 28mm, but this system is so complete and so encompassing it really doesn't feel like adding another range to me. This is my 100 yrs war range now. it's smaller, but paints so much faster and it's complete. No buying more from other companies ranges. I'm done... I can continue to collect my other ranges as I see fit. I can have huge battles in just a 3x3 space too... which is really nice.

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2019, 05:31:33 PM »
Well, your efforts definitely provide us with great stuff to marvel at. Glad to see you being recognized for it :)

I have been experimenting with Contrast Paints as well recently and though I do not use them for painting whole miniatures, I find them highly useful. I can definitely see them being of use here!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2019, 10:34:58 PM »
I finished many more units and set up some before and after scenes of peaceful France and the same area during war....
First a quiet farm...

A peaceful village...

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2019, 04:11:09 AM »
Glad I checked this out.  Don't know that I'd go for the game itself but I'd love to get my hands on a whole bunch of those buildings.  Do the farm animals come from the same source?  Perhaps when they go retail, if components are available separately I can buy in then.  Any thoughts on that possibility?

Oh, and just in case - how much was it to go 'whole hog' on the first go round, roughly?  To give a sense of how much to be prepared for if temptation gets too strong for this next go round.

Thanks!

Offline Anselm van Helsing

• Scientist
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2019, 07:05:50 AM »
@gibby64 - Whoa! Yes, I'm blown away by your awesome painting & beatiful arrangements of the figurines!

Got five boxes of JoA stuff, which I mainly bought because of the 15mm minis. But the ongoing 28mm projects will keep my painting table crowded until Christmas, I believe.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2019, 08:40:21 AM »
Wonderful stuff, all of it!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2019, 02:06:40 PM »
 The new KS project will have miniatures and terrain available.

The buildings are very nice.I just wished i had more money to get a few more sets the first time.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2019, 03:47:02 PM »
Glad I checked this out.  Don't know that I'd go for the game itself but I'd love to get my hands on a whole bunch of those buildings.  Do the farm animals come from the same source?  Perhaps when they go retail, if components are available separately I can buy in then.  Any thoughts on that possibility?

Oh, and just in case - how much was it to go 'whole hog' on the first go round, roughly?  To give a sense of how much to be prepared for if temptation gets too strong for this next go round.

Thanks!

I don't think they will have the components available individually... but i can't confirm that. They have alluded to being able to just buy more miniatures of different types for the wargamers just wanting the nice sculpts.... So maybe just a building bundle too?? Of course everything will be available on ebay individually from sellers, but you'll be paying up for that! I think all-in was around $500, I can't remember... but that was for EVERY expansion, the extra dice and bases pack, the neoprene mat (which is really nice). For what I got, it was VERY worth it.

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2019, 05:40:16 PM »
Wow, this looks epic. Is the game as good as it looks?  :-*

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »
Playing with creating actual rock outcroppings for the rock spaces... my gaming group is playing this tomorrow and I'll see if it functions ok before I make more.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 06:27:45 PM by gibby64 »