Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: How do you advertise on LAF?  (Read 998 times)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
How do you advertise on LAF?
« on: June 09, 2019, 09:28:14 PM »
I had a quick butchers but couldn't find mention of it. So how do I advertise on here?  ???

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: How do you advertise on LAF?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 10:43:29 PM »
There's a post near the top of the Forum News board asking a similar question where the response was.

Hi Karl (and to all who might be interested in this topic),

at this point of time, we are not selling banner ad space to third parties.

In the future, there may be an option made available to book a spot in the rotation, but right now it is not possible, I am afraid.

Do note that you could add a small e.g. 480x68, or 720x100 static (i.e. not animated) clickable banner to your signature. This would be displayed free of charge once per thread page to all users who have not disabled signature images.

Sorry to disappoint. If things change in the future, we'll let people know.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 08:30:57 AM »
Correct. LAF is an advertisement free site - except for the banners of the site owners and hosts (viz. North Star and WI).
It was the same when the Prof owned the site. Only Alex’s own range and his affiliates, like Miniaturicum, ever got their banners onto the site.
I guess that’s the only real payback for owning / hosting the site :)

Personally I like it without too much advertising, but Nick may be open to offers, I don’t know. Maybe drop him a PM?

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »
Hi Phil

We don't take advertising because right now we can't provide the feedback an advertiser would want in return for his money.

I put North Star and Wargames Illustrated banners on the site because we're not fussed about recording 'click throughs', 'multiple repeats' etc.

It might change in future.

Regards
Nick

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 01:08:45 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Nick, I'm not especially interested in those stats as I use google analytics which generates more stats than I can ever use. My request was part driven not only by wanted an advert on my fave forum but also as a way to support it. ;)

As my pal Snoop Dogg says "It's not a biggie"