Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Does anybody know the Game "Dungeon Crawl"?  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Grün

• Assistant
Does anybody know the Game "Dungeon Crawl"?
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:35:07 AM »
I search a nice Dungeon Crawl Game

I do not like the rules to Hero Quest and Warhammer Quest. With Descent it is hard to integrate own figures.
Now I have found the following game in the net: Dungeon Crawl .

Does anybody know more about it?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:38:45 AM by Grün »

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
Re: Does anybody know the Game "Dungeon Crawl"?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:19:40 AM »
i did find and print it. i gave it a quick read and found it a pointless endeavor away from normal D20 role playing (as it seemed a LOT more RPGish.) when M20 is so much better. smaller quicker less picky and generally more fun.
http://wiki.greywulf.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Macropedia?action=browse;oldid=HomePage;id=Microlite20

TW
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »
Personally I'd recommend Advanced Heroquest, alot better than Heroquest or Warhammer Quest. Song of Blades and Heroes also has dungeon crawl rules in one of the supplements.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Grün

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
M20 is more RPG light. In this genre I prefer Dungeonslayers (D20 is not my cup of tea)

Unfortunately Advanced HeroQuest is not produced anymore. And I do not have a copy :( (and I do not want to spend a lot of money on ebay)

Song of Gold and Darkness is a very nice supplement (i´m a big Song of Blades and Heroes Fan)- With Song of Gold and Darkness you can play a Temple or Castle raid but no classic Dungencrawl (only my opinion)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 05:44:12 PM »
You can try Broadsword Adventures.

Check out the free demo version. http://www.rattrapproductions.com/speakeasy/viewforum.php?f=20

Basically it will allow you to use whatever figures you want and you can stat them up how you want. By using the lower grade models, your heroes can also have henchmen. I've used it a lot for dungeon crawl games during the play testing phase.

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Grün

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 05:57:05 PM »
I also have Broadsword Adventure (very nice game). But there is no charakter development (the available is not enough to cover my needs). I love Broadsword Adventure for One-Shots no more and no less.

(@ Operator5 btw are there any plans for a Broadsword Adventure Book with more Scenarios? Like the Gorgyle for .45 Adventure?)

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 06:17:25 PM »
This might be worth a look

http://www.freewebs.com/grungebob/downloads.htm

If you're patient, you can track down most of the Advanced Heroquest rules and tile scans on the internet.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »
(@ Operator5 btw are there any plans for a Broadsword Adventure Book with more Scenarios? Like the Gorgyle for .45 Adventure?)
Right now we are putting scenarios in our Thrilling Expeditions Quarterly. The next up is Western with no Broadsword material in it, but No. 3 (out in August/September) will have a WHOLE bunch of new Broadsword material (including Grimm's how-to tutorial on building bandit camps.)

Offline Zephalo

• Student
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 07:18:49 AM »
Unfortunately Advanced HeroQuest is not produced anymore. And I do not have a copy :( (and I do not want to spend a lot of money on ebay)

I actually don't think so, but you may have more luck with finding the German version of Advanced HeroQuest somewhere. It's called "Herr des Schwertes", published by Klee Spiele - and also OOP for many years now. :'(

Greetings,
Zephalo
Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most.