Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689755
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My foray in to Bolt Action - (Update 9-13)  (Read 6554 times)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: My foray in to Bolt Action - (Update 7-21 More Tanks!)
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2019, 08:35:05 PM »
Thanks! When I get on a kick I stay moving! If you've read any of my other posts you'll know I like to knock out projects so i can get to gaming faster. Up next we have some of the highest power and the lowest power the Japanese had on tap... sadly for them and luckily for us their big guns came very late in the war and didn't make it to many fights once transport got tricky due to Americans ruling the seas... from left to right... Type 3 Chi-Nu with a 75mm gun, a Type 94 Tankette with a 6.5mm MMG, and lastly a Type 1 Ho-Ni 1 tank destroyer with a 75mm gun... I changed the camo slightly as the Japanese had many differing color schemes for all the different island and Chinese wars they were in... their forces against the US had very inconsistent camo as they were quickly pulling assets from many different regions...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:37:05 PM by gibby64 »
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: My foray in to Bolt Action - (Update 7-21 More Tanks!)
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 02:56:40 PM »
Finished up a MMG and Mortar unit just in time for my first game with my father... This was only my second actual game, but i've read the rules several times... Overall it rolled really smoothly as we kept to more basic units to keep game a bit more rules lite and less confusing for my dad whose still very new to miniatures games and their mechanics. The lighting is atrocious over my dads game table... we will be remedying that over the next few weeks, so the pics are very dark and poor.. sorry...

The game stayed very even until about half way through when my Japanese Tankette took out his 50cal jeep... then my Type 95 Ha-Go snuck around to perfectly align itself with some of his infantry out in the open and the dual MMGs laid waste to many... The game was topped off with my Type 95 taking a lucky pot shot from 3' away and taking out his M3A3 Stuart... With that confidence and only my CO left to activate, I had him do a valiant charge up a hill and take a shot at a very pinned down squad with his pistol.... he missed, but his bravery will be known by all... after another turn it was all over for the americans...

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: My foray in to Bolt Action - (Update 7-24 First Game)
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2019, 02:50:25 PM »
Finished up a bit more armor... a Shin, and a Chi-Ha.... few more units and I'll stick a fork in my Japanese...

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: My foray in to Bolt Action - (Update 7-29 Few More Tanks)
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2019, 03:52:23 PM »
Looking good. I bet there have been ten times the models sold as were tanks manufactured for some of those  lol
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2019, 04:23:19 PM »
Oh for sure... I have some that i've printed that are known to have never made it off the main land... which means they never saw battle... we only know of them because we didn't happen to bomb that plant and they survived for us to scoop up and study. They will make it into some of my battles  :D

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2019, 11:05:19 AM »
Wonderful stuff, I'm really a big fan off BA as it's just so easy to both build a force and play a game. Following with interest.

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2019, 10:45:37 PM »
Great project  :)

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2019, 04:50:02 PM »
Looking good!  Nice to see someone else taking on the Pacific theater.  There isn't enough of us in BA.

Chris
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2019, 08:55:49 PM »
Your printed models came out pretty good.  I found printing the turret with its barrel pointed up, the gun barrel comes out really nice.  I too, started using the spray filler primer, works great too.  How long did take to print that huge collection shown on your print bed?
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2019, 01:01:23 AM »
That took about 28 hrs on the print settings I used. Thanks for the comments guys! Here is a sniper and MMG group... getting close to starting on some USMC....

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 02:44:40 AM by gibby64 »

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: My foray in to Bolt Action - (Update 8-9)
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 07:52:46 PM »
Just posting a few group photos... nothing new...

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
Re: My foray in to Bolt Action - (Update 9-13)
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2019, 10:58:27 PM »
Lovely. I need to crack on with my Japanese