Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:22:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Harlock's Hoplites  (Read 28612 times)

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Re: Captain Harlock's Hoplites
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2019, 07:15:11 PM »
Hey,

Do you have more news about your miniatures?

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2019, 10:35:59 PM »
hi
Sorry for not updating the therad.
My original plan was to manage to be done with the production before xmass. But there was some life distractions AND the process of learning how to mold and cast by myself because basically the real info out there are very limited. The good news is that there is good progress into the right direction. The bad news is that Im not quite there yet and I will need some more time. Meanning that I managed to produce results but there are not always consistent because I dont have a proper vacuum chamber, the minis are relatively complicated and detailed (even for an experienced caster) and that means random bubbles. Not always but they occur often enough to make the production needing more attention and time that I can allow in order to mainten competitive prices. I can make a diy vacuum chamber, I already made a diy silent air compressor so this will be alot more easier.  Anyway its a given that you never launch during xmass and early January when everybody's wallets are trying to recover  ;D

I will soon post some pics. I already have some of my heads on Victrix bodies for my own MG army.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2019, 08:13:45 AM »
Hi!
This is excellent news!
It is an arduous job, for sure! And the task you have undertaken needs patience, funding, more patience, trial and error, more patience  :)
And the will to continue and fulfill your task!!! And I'm sure you're on track of it!
Seasons greetings and keep up the good job!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2019, 08:16:05 AM »
Sounds good to me!

I am looking forward to the pictures and progress! :-*

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2019, 08:22:31 AM »
hi
Sorry for not updating the therad.
My original plan was to manage to be done with the production before xmass. But there was some life distractions AND the process of learning how to mold and cast by myself because basically the real info out there are very limited. The good news is that there is good progress into the right direction. The bad news is that Im not quite there yet and I will need some more time. Meanning that I managed to produce results but there are not always consistent because I dont have a proper vacuum chamber, the minis are relatively complicated and detailed (even for an experienced caster) and that means random bubbles. Not always but they occur often enough to make the production needing more attention and time that I can allow in order to mainten competitive prices. I can make a diy vacuum chamber, I already made a diy silent air compressor so this will be alot more easier.  Anyway its a given that you never launch during xmass and early January when everybody's wallets are trying to recover  ;D

I will soon post some pics. I already have some of my heads on Victrix bodies for my own MG army.

Merry Christmas!

I would love to see pictures of your MG army! :)

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2020, 09:11:50 PM »
I ve been a busy little bee all this time. Trying to unlock the secrets of molding and casting.

Offline M.O.T.N

• Librarian
    • Edinburgh Miniature Company
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2020, 10:10:44 PM »
Looks like good progress! It's a painful learning process. Look forward to seeing you paint some.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2020, 05:43:12 AM »
This is a very good start!  :-*
Good luck for the continuation, Captain!

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2020, 06:21:19 AM »
Looks promising!

Hopefully it will work!

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2020, 08:05:24 AM »
That was yesterday's work, there are alot more. Im trying to fine tune some molds, its a slow learning process, there are not much info out there. Im thinking that maybe I should post more stuff about the procedure (and failings), maybe that could be of use to somebody, or even start a dialogue that will provide useful info. What do you say?

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2020, 09:23:05 AM »
That was yesterday's work, there are alot more. Im trying to fine tune some molds, its a slow learning process, there are not much info out there. Im thinking that maybe I should post more stuff about the procedure (and failings), maybe that could be of use to somebody, or even start a dialogue that will provide useful info. What do you say?

Dialogue is always helpful!
Dear friend, I would suggest to post your works and queries also to the Workbench section.
I'm sure you'll meet there some gentlemen willing to provide useful info!
Cheers!

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2020, 02:12:52 PM »
Great to see this thread come back to life Captain Harlock...good luck in your endeavours and stay safe
Figures painted 2020 : 100

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »
Major update incoming soon...

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2020, 06:43:47 PM »
Bravo Captain! Superb!!! Cheers!

Offline Tonhel