Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:37:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686502
  • Total Topics: 118105
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Harlock's Hoplites  (Read 28615 times)

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Re: Captain Harlock's Hoplites
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2020, 09:20:57 PM »
thank you guys!
Through trial and error it seems that I cracked (to a degree) the riddle of resin  lol
The first batch of sets is ready. I will come back soon with pics and more details.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 09:36:05 PM by Captain Harlock »

Offline Fremitus Borealis

• Scientist
  • Magister Discipulorum
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2020, 11:10:15 PM »
Late to the party here, but.... wow!!!! I can't even begin to conceptualize how to do any of this. Are you a wizard?  lol
"Nice try, history; better luck next year."

Offline Arche Seleukeia

• Bookworm
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2020, 03:22:15 PM »
Incredible work!   :-* :o

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2020, 07:11:20 PM »
Very impressed!!
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2020, 08:57:26 PM »

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2020, 09:05:53 PM »
These are unprimered resin put together. Τhe small random specs in some are just discolored resin by the talcum powder used in the molds. I prefer talcum because it reduces the chances of having air pockets, and the cast parts do not have to be washed with soap after they are demolded.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2020, 09:26:41 PM »
Excellent anatomy!
Very skilled hand and a keen eye for detail!
Bravo!!!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2020, 02:34:56 AM »
They all look super-duper double plus good.

I'll be pledging/advance ordering/whatevering for some to these guys when they become available!

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #143 on: October 02, 2020, 03:18:15 PM »
They all look super-duper double plus good.

I'll be pledging/advance ordering/whatevering for some to these guys when they become available!

+1!

The mini's are masterpieces and the casting looks perfect! I can't wait! :-*

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »
 :-* Just superb....count me in when it’s time to order
Figures painted 2020 : 100

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2020, 07:08:28 PM »
I want to thank you all guys for your kind words! :-*
Ok so let me update you on whats going on. The minis will be available in sets. Each set will include the 5 different Hoplite models already displayed. I have about 25 sets ready to go. I can hear somebody asking ''Hey! Why are you not selling single minis?''. Here are the reasons.

A) I believe in the product. Im not trying to bundle one cool mini with 4 more lesser ones. Each mini has a unique pose and appeal imo and all of them could serve as ''captains'' and ''hero'' characters when combined with mass produced plastic kits.

B) Cheaper shipping for you (either you get one mini, or the set the price is the same since their weight is minimal), less visits to the post office (especially during this pandemic) and less hours on logistics for me. Its a win win.

C) This is a garage kit. That does not mean that the quality is compromised, as you saw in the photos (thats why I prefered to show you the plain resin and not the ''greens'' or primed, or painted/photoshoped end results. But I can only produce small quantities and given that each mold can give around 30-35 good casts and then it has to be replaced, I cant have a situation where I wont be able to put together sets because single minis are missing.

Beside the main sets I have an accessorie set of extra heads. These will be available as extra purchaces and will be able to be combined in shipping with the figures set. These heads could be used on the main range or used to spice up your Victrix hoplites with more historicaly accurate helmets and crests. The crests are coming seperately so you can mix and match. The plan is to produce some more elaborate crests (and more heads) in the future that will allow you to assemble Strategoi and Lochagoi, from mainland Greece, Asia Minor and Magna Grecia. I am posting afew quick snaps bellow.

Also I understand that it would be quite counter productive to have that nameless range, from that guy in LAF forums with a Captain Harlock avatar, I had to give my miniature endevour a proper name. So ladies and gentlemen I give you... drum roll...

I will ask for permission from our lovely hosts to make a commercial thread, and there I will be announcing pricing, shipping and my Paypal details. Been whole honest Im not expecting to make money from all this. I would be very glad if I would manage to have this labour of love being able to pay for itself, allowing me to buy more materials, better equipment, trying new things and  adding to this range but also producing new ones. But the most important thing is to know that the little clay thing you were tinkering with, is out there and somebody hundrends or thousands miles away, is enjoying painting it, converting it and playing with it.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2020, 07:52:37 PM »
Captain,
Congratulations for your outstanding work so far!
My warmest wishes for all the best in the future!
Keep up this good and unique job!
Cheers!

Offline Fremitus Borealis

• Scientist
  • Magister Discipulorum
« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2020, 09:17:34 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2020, 01:17:47 AM »
Terrific stuff - love the logo!

Might you also consider an accessory set of shields and suchlike for tarting up the skellies from Wargames Atlantic?

Anyway, please do keep us posted and good luck with it all.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #149 on: October 16, 2020, 07:43:05 AM »
You can put me down for a set Cap'n!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"