Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686636
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 4Ground website issues?  (Read 10036 times)

Offline redrevuk

• Assistant
4Ground website issues?
« on: June 18, 2019, 03:38:57 PM »
For the last couple of days the 4Ground website (4Ground.co.uk) has either been flashing me a 'not secure' message or redirecting me to a clearly draft website for some sort of housing association. There is a new mirror website called 4Groundpublishing but it isn't exactly the same as the old site. Anyone know what's going on? Is it legit?

Offline boneio

• Scientist
Re: 4Ground website issues?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »
Yes, they updated Facebook to say this is the new site: https://www.4groundpublishing.co.uk

Quite why they've changed domain or done so without redirecting old traffic properly....that I don't know  lol

Offline redrevuk

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 02:47:15 PM »
Really helpful - thanks!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 07:23:46 PM »
For the non-UK folks here (unfamiliar a few terms in those notices), simple bankruptcy notice? 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 05:31:32 AM »
Ok so what does this mean for the company if it is "declaring bankruptcy".  Does anyone know who has picked them up as the statement comment on Kickstarter says that the new owner will honor the pledges?  Don’t feel really very confident about that.

So new owners? 

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 06:51:27 AM »
This was on Facebook:

I'm a bit worried about some news shared on a FB group. Is this just a restructuring thing or does this mean an end to your awesome products?

And 4Ground's reply 16 hours ago:

Quote from: 4Ground
Just restructuring, don't worry. We are consolidating everything under Tymeagain Ltd. as the original parent company, it just makes things a bit easier.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 07:00:21 AM »
Ok so now I am calm again, thanks for that.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 06:35:29 PM »
That was more or less my assumption, so I'm glad that's the case.  They seem to be releasing loads of new stuff and attending trade shows, etc.  I would have been shocked had it been an immediate "we're done, cya!" move.

Good!

Offline wkeyser

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 04:26:50 AM »
I am a little concerned still as the Kickstarter is almost a year late!

Offline Riley.Keith

• Student
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »
I don’t like to kick anyone thats down and as a new signup who just wanted to see some cool models.

I saw this thread commented on somewhere else and thought I'd comment since I heard from a few sources that creditors had all received letters saying that they were getting 10p in the £ of what they were owed a couple of weeks ago and it was some hefty sums and seems to have been trade news for a few weeks now.

At the same time the rushed and botched domain name change leading to people not being able to find the website and the total lack of contact details or company info on the new website, all in my opinion sounds a little more serious than a strategic move.

I would proceed with caution but thats for others to make their minds up about. The lack of announcement and the deleting and dismissing of Facebook posts with comments like 'its nothing sinister' is in itself sinister. Lets be clear as its in black and white and a matter of record, 4Ground has been liquidated so does not exist any more but the Facebook page and new website still look like exactly the same company which is misleading and for me sound borderline illegal. They might have done some pre-pack deal and they might still be trading as something else now but they left all their dept behind and that would include Kickstarter which is now way way overdue and every update seems to be just to tell you there will be an update soon.

to quote the type of liquidation mentioned in the announcement link in the earlier thread, the big important part is unlike a MVL, the CVL refers to an insolvent company.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3301622

Creditors voluntary liquidation process

Creditors voluntary liquidation is initiated by the directors and shareholders of the business, where they are looking to liquidate a company which is unable to pay its debts. Unlike an MVL, the CVL refers to an insolvent company, but both processes must be carried out by a licensed insolvency practitioner (IP). By entering creditors voluntary liquidation, you limit personal liability and avoid the threat of compulsory liquidation.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 05:04:17 PM »
I hope you're wrong, then! :)

I wonder, though, if they did cock up, if they fell into the over-promising Kickstarter trap that so many companies have fallen into.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »
Somewhat concerning as I'd like to pick up their Stoic Arms which is not a trifling sum to risk.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 01:30:43 AM »
There are a lot of retailers with that kit in stock (in the US the prices suck because Noble Knight jacks up the prices obscenely).  Not risking anything if you order from one of them.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2019, 08:52:02 AM »
That's true, I'll have a look around after payday