Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:41:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689603
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave: Second Edition - Official Announcement  (Read 5342 times)

Offline randwulf

• Assistant
Re: Frostgrave: Second Edition - Official Announcement
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »
Do you need playtesters?
Justice for Sirius!

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 04:31:35 PM »
Do you need playtesters?
Ditto.  Most definitely ditto. 
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 04:42:45 PM »
Good news, can't wait.
Leadhead

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 05:58:04 PM »
Thanks for the offer guys, but playtesting is done.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »
Well, as long as the Lich Lord didn't destroy Felstad in a set of books costing 300 bucks which will become obsolute a week later when the story evolves and it turns out everyone was sent into space where our wizards were each picked up by a celestial dragon alligned to their schools and granting them powers to turn all of their henchmen into space warriors, I will be happy.

Yes, I am still salty. :D

Quick question, will the Grimoire be edited at all? I don't have it yet, I intend to get every book at one point, and I am wondering if it is still worth getting.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:41:39 AM by Daniel36 »

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 08:03:18 AM »
Joe?

Did you do that thing I told you not to do?

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 10:21:47 AM »
Well... it's not a 'celestial' dragon...

Offline Pascal

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 02:31:18 AM »
Well, as long as the Lich Lord didn't destroy Felstad in a set of books costing 300 bucks which will become obsolute a week later when the story evolves and it turns out everyone was sent into space where our wizards were each picked up by a celestial dragon alligned to their schools and granting them powers to turn all of their henchmen into space warriors, I will be happy.

Yes, I am still salty. :D

Quick question, will the Grimoire be edited at all? I don't have it yet, I intend to get every book at one point, and I am wondering if it is still worth getting.

Grimoire will be changed a lot.  I asked Joe on his blog and he said yes.  You will need a whole new set of cards.  If you did not purchase, I say you can do without until the new set arrives.

Offline Psychopomp

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 07:49:24 PM »
I'm dying for more information on Perilous Dark.  I assume it was written to be compatible with Frostgrave 2e?  I basically need to know everything about the random dungeons and the solo play to be sure.  I mean, it just stands to reason, very reasonable request, yes?

Offline Historiker

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 12:26:12 AM »
Great announcement!

I am just now preparing terrain for a player-group of people who have absolutely nothing to do with tabletop gaming (some boardgamers though). I showed them a few youtube Frostgrave gameplay videos and now they are very much looking forward to venturing into the city. I have to admit though that the city I am building is an aesthetic cross between Felstadt and  another skirmish City, quite beloved by fans and starting with M   :). I hope that is Okay!

Regarding the long wait:
I actually bought a German core book AFTER the announcement because one of our players is doubting his command of English. When the second edition comes around this group will have many games under their belt and we will be even more excited to see how the game has evolved. So I personally see no problem regarding the long-ish wait (though I can understand anyone who might feel this way).

One question I do have:

Will spell cards be available once the second edition comes out?

Either in PDF form or as a set to buy?

I assume that the publishers might want to wait for some expansions to come out until collecting the spells in a deck. Still I have found the (printable and bought deck) cards immensely helpful, especially in regards to new players.

Many thanks!

"The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as: Things just happen. What the hell."

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 10:31:54 PM »
Will Ulterior motives change ? Because that is something I want to buy next and now I have doubts if it will be compatible

Offline tjub

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 08:09:20 AM »
Ah, cool! Just getting into Frostgrave. :)

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 09:00:34 AM »
Will Ulterior motives change ? Because that is something I want to buy next and now I have doubts if it will be compatible
From the blog:
"Is this going to make all of your existing Frostgrave books obsolete? No. I mean, the original rulebook probably won’t have much use anymore, but all of the supplements, with all of their optional rules, scenarios, new soldiers, new treasure, etc., will still be usable for Second Edition. There are few things that will need clarification, but not many, and I’ll post a PDF covering those when the time comes."
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 10:49:57 AM »
Thanks Darkson. Ive read that.

But due to it being just cards I asked specifically about it