Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:13:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Striper aka Tikki, a weretiger assassin from Shadowrun  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Snafu

• Bookworm
    • The world en miniature - my blogsite
Striper aka Tikki, a weretiger assassin from Shadowrun
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:08:55 PM »
A while ago I found old Miniatures from Ral Partha.  These are from Shadowrun, showing STRIPER aka TIKKI, a weretiger assassin.

Too old to Rock'n'Roll, too young to die, perfect for tabletop adventures;)

http:\\www.ganzklein.blogspot.com

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Striper aka Tikki, a weretiger assassin from Shadowrun
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »
That's a blast from the past.  I should really re-read those old SR books, some of them were pretty good.  Think Wolf & Raven was the best of them, at least out of the relatively few I've read.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 08:14:16 PM »
2XS wax my favourite, good work
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 02:44:44 PM »
Nice one. I’ve been contemplating about collecting these memories from my teenage years, but would only do so if they will fit into my collection.

How big are SR minis? Do they fit with either GW‘s Dark Future (i.e. 20mm to eye level) or the Copplestone Future Warriors?

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
Nice one. I’ve been contemplating about collecting these memories from my teenage years, but would only do so if they will fit into my collection.

How big are SR minis? Do they fit with either GW‘s Dark Future (i.e. 20mm to eye level) or the Copplestone Future Warriors?

Closer to 25mm scale than anything, at least what was called 25mm in the late 80s/early 90s.  They're smallish by common modern scales, which seem to start at 28mm "heroic" and wander up from there.  Look pretty good next to 25mm Stargrunt IMO.

Offline Snafu

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 06:11:17 PM »
 A part of my bookshelf  :D

A size comparison

Guy in the middle is scale 1:87 H0

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 08:23:24 PM »
Thanks a lot, Snafu! Might be too big for my collection. Bit then, they have have trolls...and these don’t have this problem.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 06:38:15 AM »
How cool! I've just finished reading 'Find Your Own Truth' (the finale in he Sam Verner trilogy) and I read 'Striper Assassin' a while ago, so these are very cool to see. And nice painting on her tiger form too! But honestly, I think the sculpts are too silly for Striper lol. I was expecting a cool trenchcoat, mirrorshades, cigarillos and a much more menacing pose. This model looks more like an angry citizen, not one of the most infamous assassins.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Snafu

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 12:34:20 PM »
How cool! I've just finished reading 'Find Your Own Truth' (the finale in he Sam Verner trilogy) and I read 'Striper Assassin' a while ago, so these are very cool to see. And nice painting on her tiger form too! But honestly, I think the sculpts are too silly for Striper lol. I was expecting a cool trenchcoat, mirrorshades, cigarillos and a much more menacing pose. This model looks more like an angry citizen, not one of the most infamous assassins.
I am with you.  That we look at it this way, possibly shows a kind of improvement in sculting within the last 30 years.The sculpt for the tiger form  for me also is way to small und thin.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 12:50:21 PM »
I am with you.  That we look at it this way, possibly shows a kind of improvement in sculting within the last 30 years.The sculpt for the tiger form  for me also is way to small und thin.

No "possibly" involved.  Minis have come a long way, and while there are some evergreen classics that hold up well (I was just waxing nostalgic about GW's original Ambull mini) an awful lot of older stuff is, well awful older stuff.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
I'm a big fan of the Striper/Tikki character and the novels feturing her. Probably my favourite SR character along with Derek Montgomery.

It is for this reason that I have to point out that she is described as having crimson red fur with black stripes in here wereform 8) That being said, her metahuman-form sculpt in no way resembles how she is described in the novels (asian looks, close cropped hair with a tuft falling over her forehead).

It's a little sad and a missed opportunity from Ral Partha since they have many excellent sculpts.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:55:27 PM by Cherno »