Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:02:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ziggurat Minis from Lucid Eye  (Read 12761 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Ziggurat Minis from Lucid Eye
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2019, 09:14:16 AM »
I think Steve has looked at the prices of fantasy figure makers and companies like Hasslefree, and decided that if they can command prices of several pounds per figure, why shouldn’t he try it?
His figures obviously aren’t designed for big battalion style armies or ‘traditional’ wargamers who still think it’s a bit rich to charge more than the 9p a 25mm metal Hinchliffe figure cost when they started wargaming in the 70s.

To me, they are sufficiently beautifully done to justify the higher price tag. But I guess it comes down to whether you can afford it or not, and what the market is willing to pay.
If you’re used to buying small quantities of fantasy/ sci fi character figures at several pounds (or more) a pop, then paying four pounds per figure for a Lucid Eye miniature may feel like a bargain.
If you’re used to paying eight pounds for a pack of six Perry figures at ‘historical wargames’ prices, it’ll feel like a rip-off.

Interesting to note though, that Matthew Bickley’s equally gorgeous new Late Saxon huscarls are currently available on pre-order from Footsore at 25 pounds for the twelve figures - i.e. around 2 quid each rather than 4 quid each. Now when you get beautiful character figures of this superb quality at such a wide variation in price, that does set up some interesting challenges...

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 12:44:32 PM »
Exactly! But I love what Lucid Eye is doing, so I'll grumble quietly and keep buying! Probably my favorite minis company right now, and like I said before, eerily accurate in their ability to predict what I want!

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 01:42:46 AM »
I just got my order today. Yeah they're frickin beautiful. Going to get some Sea People when the second pack comes out, hopefully next week. Hope they fit with the Kadesh SPs I ordered from Northstar. I want to do a couple small units for Wargods and use Gulial as a harbinger.

Offline MeridarchGekkota

• Bookworm
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 08:36:53 AM »
Does someone really need to justify the price they're asking to anyone but themselves? As a customer, you have the right to buy from someone else.  :D

I agree the prices are high but they're also unique quality sculpts in a niche market. The guy gotta make his money somehow.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2019, 12:39:21 AM »
I just got my order today. Yeah they're frickin beautiful. Going to get some Sea People when the second pack comes out, hopefully next week. Hope they fit with the Kadesh SPs I ordered from Northstar. I want to do a couple small units for Wargods and use Gulial as a harbinger.

Same sculptor IIRC.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 12:08:50 AM »
Anyone know what happened to the North Star sea people officer/leader? Can't find him on the site but he comes up on Google search. Nick?

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2019, 02:36:17 AM »
He's been moved to the Ghost Archipelago and combined with the rank-and-file into a Drichean pack. Ditto the Sherden. 6-figure packs @ 9GBP, so same price per figure.

It's in support of the latest "Age of Bronze" supplement for Frostgrave: GA.

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 02:39:37 AM »
And I'm just about to put in an order for same to support my Lucid Eye buys.  :D

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 03:00:17 AM »
Thanks, never would have thought to look there. Guess  I might have to put in another order. If I like the figures I need more anyway so no biggie.  The second Lucid Eye pack is supposed to be out end of this week.Per a email query I made to them.Thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:04:30 AM by fitterpete »

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2019, 09:58:37 PM »
A pack of rather nice looking "Amazon Wardaughters 1" was released today.

A quick email as soon as I got the notice and they were able to add to my previous order before it shipped. Now that's service!  :-*

Offline MeridarchGekkota

• Bookworm
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2019, 07:02:25 PM »
Anyone got these to scale vs Victrix Greeks?

Offline arktos

• Bookworm
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2019, 04:26:02 PM »
I think Steve has looked at the prices of fantasy figure makers and companies like Hasslefree, and decided that if they can command prices of several pounds per figure, why shouldn’t he try it?

If you’re used to buying small quantities of fantasy/ sci fi character figures at several pounds (or more) a pop, then paying four pounds per figure for a Lucid Eye miniature may feel like a bargain.

If you’re used to paying eight pounds for a pack of six Perry figures at ‘historical wargames’ prices, it’ll feel like a rip-off.

He can try but he does not see any money from my wallet .  8)

So if there is one or two or three that overcharge their products what better then join in ...  :o

It feels just like that !

Love to all and world peace.  :-*

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2019, 06:03:14 PM »
Sorry! Wrong "eye" (or "I")!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:28:11 AM by WuZhuiQiu »

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2019, 11:05:43 PM »
What Chinese range?

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2019, 04:27:40 AM »
Oops! Wrong "eye" or "I"! I was thinking of Watchful-I.