Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690820
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 10mm Mongol Army for Warmaster - brand suggestions wanted  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Ivan_Itchianus

• Schoolboy
Re: 10mm Mongol Army for Warmaster - brand suggestions wanted
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 02:27:10 PM »
Hi All,
I'd just like to mention that I received my Pendraken Mongols today and that they are indeed wonderful! Previously I got a sample from Irregular, so now I can compare them for myself, and I can confirm that the main problem seems to be in the horses. The Irregular ones clearly have European sized horses, where the Pendraken ones are indeed on ponies.

I won't combine them on one stand. What few Irregular Mongols I have - actually quite nice sculpts to my surprise, given that some of their 6mm stuff looks like mouse droppings  - I will put on a separate stand, as commanders, say.

The next question I'd like to ask the forum is about priming. I recently primed a 6mm project with an Ancient Indian army in the color I had chosen for their skin, and given that they wear little or nothing, that worked out great.
Now I'm thinking of priming the Mongols in an average horsy color to save some time by not having to paint all of them. Any opinions?
Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:40:12 PM by Ivan_Itchianus »

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: 10mm Mongol Army for Warmaster - brand suggestions wanted
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 08:10:02 PM »
Good to hear you went with Pendraken and that you like the figures.

I’ve used both brown coloured primers (Army Painter Fur Brown mainly) and black as a primer for horses over time. I’ve gone back to black, mainly as while the brown was useful for giving a base colour for the horse, I found that I still wanted to paint over a number to vary the shades. And painting the riders over a base of brown seemed much harder- I felt the whole figured ended up a bit too brown overall. But lots of people do really like the coloured base coat as a way to kickstart the painting.