Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689768
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heroics&Ros Help  (Read 641 times)

Offline JasonAfrika

• Lurker
Heroics&Ros Help
« on: June 28, 2019, 02:44:38 AM »
I am looking for figures that are suitable for generic African Infantry for the Kanem-Bornu, Sokoto, Mali medieval period. Javelins&Archers. Does anyone know if the Etruscan Archers&Javelins have helmets? Same with the Aetolian Javelins? If they are bareheaded they will work.  I am assuming the Libyan Javelinmen from the Carthage line will do just fine and perhaps even the Cretan archers. Any ideas?
For the cotton quilted armoured Cavalry I was going to use one of the Cataphract sets. Again, if you own any of them kindly give me a hint as to which would look best. It's 6mm so it only has to be "close enough". Cheers

Offline williamb

• Librarian
Re: Heroics&Ros Help
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 04:52:21 AM »
The Cretan archer figures have shields the Indian archers are bareheaded without a shield.  The Aetolians and Libyan javelins are bareheaded.  If you go to the heroics and ros website contact page you can ask them about specific figures.   I think the Carthaginian Libyan ;spearmen are bareheaded, but it has been too many years for me to recall exactly.  There are only slight differences between the cataphract figures.   One set has their spear upright and the other at a slant.  I have them in mixed units.   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 05:03:27 AM by williamb »

Offline JasonAfrika

• Lurker
Re: Heroics&Ros Help
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 06:00:29 AM »
Thank you very much!