Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mortal Gods, Gangs of Rome, Test of Honour relations?  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Longstrider

• Bookworm
Mortal Gods, Gangs of Rome, Test of Honour relations?
« on: June 30, 2019, 05:26:59 PM »
Hi all,

Perhaps a weird question, but would someone be able to explain to me the relation between those three games, and which companies are making what now? I'm not sure why I'm curious about this all, but it just seems like a fascinating tangle of threads.

Offline Whitwort Stormbringer

• Scientist
Re: Mortal Gods, Gangs of Rome, Test of Honour relations?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 03:09:49 PM »
All three are currently made by Footsore Miniatures (who I think are maybe being renamed Grey for Now Games or something?).

I don't have any experience playing any of them, but Test of Honor and Mortal Gods appear to at least use similar force structure, with a focus on a small number of heroic individuals and supporting goons based in groups of 3.

Gangs of Rome seems like smaller scale skirmishes, with only a handful of models per side where each one is a more developed character, and as far as I can tell is "street fighting" between thugs, rather than soldiers fighting each other like in ToH/MG.

Hope that helps!

Offline Bogus_law

• Assistant
Re: Mortal Gods, Gangs of Rome, Test of Honour relations?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 02:38:19 PM »
Test of Honour is produced by Grey For Now Games and soon there wil be second edition of teh game published.
Mortal Gods and Gangs of Rome are published by Footsore Miniatures. Mortal Gods started as ToH Ancient Greeks clone, but during development it become something different. They resingned from subname "Test of Courage".Gangs of Rome is totally different game about gangs fighting in the streets of Rome. Small warbands, all nemd figthters etc.
All games are very good IMHO.