Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:20:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690716
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Somewhat Pissed off about Warlord Games Membership  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
Somewhat Pissed off about Warlord Games Membership
« on: July 02, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »
I admit the anger is mostly at myself as I now wonder f the membership fee was worth it, have used the discount a few times and gotten a few free minis but not finding the money to be worth the benefits, especially when you can't combine orders of exclusive minis and a regular order.

The free minis are nice but the value varies wildly, one month its a tank and the next its a pair of free minis, I will admit the latest email about the membership is what has caused the current bad mood.

i get Alessio Cavatore who runs River Horse games also works at warlord and thus they have carried River Horse games products before as part of collaborations (ie the terminator minis)...but, I don't care about any of their products and I sure didn't pay good money to be advertised to about board-games like My Little Pony or Labyrinth,

Honestly it feels like warlord is just messing about, anyone have any positive stories or observations?

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
Re: Somewhat Pissed off about Warlord Games Membership
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 01:29:03 AM »
I admit the anger is mostly at myself as I now wonder f the membership fee was worth it, have used the discount a few times and gotten a few free minis but not finding the money to be worth the benefits, especially when you can't combine orders of exclusive minis and a regular order.

The free minis are nice but the value varies wildly, one month its a tank and the next its a pair of free minis, I will admit the latest email about the membership is what has caused the current bad mood.

i get Alessio Cavatore who runs River Horse games also works at warlord and thus they have carried River Horse games products before as part of collaborations (ie the terminator minis)...but, I don't care about any of their products and I sure didn't pay good money to be advertised to about board-games like My Little Pony or Labyrinth,

Honestly it feels like warlord is just messing about, anyone have any positive stories or observations?

Personally I'd be quite delighted to read about My Little Pony boardgames but I can certainly understand it's not for everyone.  lol

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 01:54:00 AM »
Personally I'd be quite delighted to read about My Little Pony boardgames but I can certainly understand it's not for everyone.  lol
Maybe they're trying to entice Bronies? lol

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 04:26:17 AM »
Although I thought about joining but I never did as, in the end, I would get a bunch of free minis for periods I wasn't interested in (I don't play Bolt Action, collect Napoleonics or Imperial Romans). I have a big enough collection I can't get painted already o_o :'( :D...

Offline tuco74

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 03:50:07 PM »
I was quite interested when this was advertised initially and then disappointed when the details were released. I can see that it would be worthwhile if you knew you were going to make back the cost in discounts over the year, but really you could do that by shopping around anyway.
It would be more tempting if you had some input into the freebies (i.e. choose from a selection each month) but as others have said...I've already got a bunch of unpainted minis for projects I am interested in.
Tbh, I was expected something that was a small commitment each month (<£5) that I wouldn't much miss if I didn't order anything, but would give me a decent discount if I did.
I also thought the fact that you had to pay the membership cost (£50?) and then still had to order something to get the first freebie was a real kick in the nuts.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 09:48:08 PM »
I like that I can get book only minis and it would seem minis that are normally only available in box sets, they need to up their game though and sort themselves out.

I don't give a fuck about board games and they are already struggling under the weight of all the cheap and cheerful boat/plane things they are churning out.

Offline Lord Raglan

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Abergavenny
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 10:27:31 PM »
Is it because the ponies are carrying SKSs?