Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:00:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Seminole Wars and TSATF  (Read 685 times)

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Seminole Wars and TSATF
« on: July 03, 2019, 01:24:09 PM »
Wasn't certain whether this topic should be in this thread or possibly Old West, oh well, here we go!

Anyone ever tried TSATF for second or third Seminole War or a similar engagement?

We've been playing a Mafrica campaign and will likely finish after one more scenario. All generally like and are well versed in TSATF. Some debate amongst us is about a Wind and the Lion themed game or series of games or, potentially, a series of games based on a fictitious Seminole uprising... a 4th Semiole War if you will. We are considering late 1880s and think TSATF might work well with some house adjustments.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:04:58 AM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
Re: Seminole Wars and TSTAF
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 08:54:18 AM »
IMHO you could certainly use TSATF for Seminole Wars.  Depending on the size of the armies and the type of scenarios, you might want to try using "The Sword In Africa" with its more pulp/skirmish feel, and create some new "Event Cards" specific to the campaign(s), with the swamps, gators, plantations, mules, boats, etc.  I don't personally know anyone who's done it before, but I'm guessing it's been done, as TSATF has been used by someone somewhere for virtually every colonial campaign from Ancient Rome vs. Gauls and Britons, to the AWI and even the 1965-1973 war in Vietnam.

On the other hand, while the Seminole Wars are well and good, personally I prefer your "The Wind And The Lion" idea, mostly because it is my favorite movie of all time!

One of the greatest games I ever played in was a refight of the action finale from The Wind And The Lion, run bye Jeff Baumal AKA: Sgt. Guiness, who frequents this site.  Playing an entire Wind and the Lion campaign would be a dream come true!  It could include French, Germans, the Sultanate of Moroccan, the Raisuli's Berber brigands/pirates, and of course a landing force of US Marines supported by a Navy Machine-Gun detachment!  Gunboats in the harbor of Tangier... military intervention at the Bashaw's Palace... an epic battle pitting the combined troops of the Sultan & the Kaiser against Roosevelt's leathernecks and the Raisuli's warriors?!?!  Oh, man -- I get chills just thinking about it!
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"