Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anglo Sikh Wars in 15mm Comparison photos  (Read 1159 times)

Offline OB

• Mastermind
Anglo Sikh Wars in 15mm Comparison photos
« on: July 04, 2019, 05:24:52 PM »
Ive been collecting 15mm figures for the Anglo Sikh Wars for ages and have now got near to finishing the collection.  I thought it might be useful to folks interested in the period to see what was available in 15mm and how the ranges compared.  I intend to cover everything that is available in 15mm in a series of blog posts which I'll update here. 

The first one is now done and you can see it at the link below.  It covers Sikh irregular infantry.  I hope it's of interest.

https://youdonotknowthenorth.blogspot.com

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Anglo Sikh Wars in 15mm Comparison photos
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 01:42:03 PM »
Comparisons are always useful - though you left out the Black Hat figures (I think?) from the comparison shot.  Or are they what you identify as Fighting 15s (new home for the Black Hat figures?).

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 04:05:19 PM »
Thanks for this, I'm going with Lancashires for my Sikh Wars skirmish project, looks like the Irregulars will fit in nicely.

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 05:38:52 PM »
Yes Fifteens Away, they are Black Hat.  I've taken to using the name of their new owner because that's who sells them now. I hope I don't cause too much confusion.

Lancashire are always a good outfit to deal with but their Sikhs are marketed as 18mm. You might find most of the Irregular Miniatures 15mm a little short by comparison.  The Irregular Miniatures Khalsa regulars in Summer Uniform are the largest in their range so might be the best fit with Lancashire.  Good luck with your collection.