Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690652
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gibby SLOWLY starts to build forces for Black Powder/ Rebels and Patriots...  (Read 1065 times)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Finished these units just in time for our Independence Day from those "oppressive, tax happy British  :D" ... (who have also given us so many amazing war games!)
Jest aside, I've been able to get my father into wargaming (finally) and AWI and ACW are some of his historical loves... so I've begun to build a force for AWI... and once a kickstarter sculpted by Paul Hicks get's delivered some time in September I will continue work on the forces... I'll also show work that has begun on our 10mm ACW army. AWI will be 28mm... I'll probably build a smaller 28mm ACW force as well for Rebels and Patriots skirmishes... This will not be updated as much as my stuff in other forums as i'm working on SEVERAL projects right now (aren't we all)....

With that said, here are 2 artillery groups (Don't judge uniform colors for period correctness, I got them close and that's good enough for me!) and 2 Commanders... General George Washington, and General Cornwallis... and of course Molly Pitcher since she was included in the set...

img upload
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 03:23:24 PM by gibby64 »
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
Fantastic painting an bases!

Offline vtsaogames

• Mastermind
    • Corlears Hook Fencibles
Lovely work.
And the glorious general led the advance
With a glorious swish of his sword and his lance
And a glorious clank of his tin-plated pants. - Dr. Seuss

My blog: http://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Ah, when - oh, when - will someone finally sculpt a proper Molly Pitcher?  You know, with her legs wide spread and a cannon ball hole in her dress twixt her legs.   ;D lol 

Nice work.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Very nice work.

Your thread titles always make me double-take  lol

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
very nice ,incredible bases.

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Great painting and basing.

IMHO artillery looks better on oval bases but I guess you can't get them for the type of plastic bases you are using?

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Thanks guys! Gibby, i've done the same with your threads!... as for the bases I was going back and forth between this style and a larger rectangle, but the cannons are so compact that I decided to keep everything more compact... nothing looks worse then a giant rectangle not laying flat on a great looking battle board due to terrain... these I shouldn't have an issue with.... now the artillery I just finished over on my bolt action thread is a different story... that howitzer was HUGE... once I finish my push on my japanese force over in WW2 land,  I have a large stack of 10mm ACW i've been collecting and i'm going to start plugging away at that until i have a decent force for Rebels and Patriots... then i'll keep going on it later (after several other projects) until i'm at black powder strength for forces... i've heard reviews that black powder isn't all that great with smaller forces... correct me if i'm wrong.