Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:29:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Seminole War figs  (Read 1035 times)

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Seminole War figs
« on: July 09, 2019, 08:01:49 PM »
Guys,  Gals,

Old Glory does not have pics of their packs MXW 29, 30 and 31 (Mex-Am War Marine Boat Crew, Naval Landing Party, and Naval Gun Crews) on their website and Google-foo turns up zip for images. I think this thread shows the Old Glory Naval Landing Party figs, the blue uniforms with round white caps, but need confirmation...

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=90584.30

Also, anyone have good pics of Old Glory's Seminoles? No pics of these on the OG site. The only clear, closeup, detail pics I've found of these separate head figures have very long necks (assume the owners didn't trim them down) so its hard to tell how good-bad they really are relative to the Conquest-Warlord Seminole figures.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Bill
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 06:50:27 PM by BillK »

Offline bulldogger2000

• Scientist
Re: help with Seminole War figs - pics?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:04:44 PM »
Hi Bill,
The link you posted are figures from my collection.  Most of them are Old Glory figures.  The naval figures are from the Mexican-American line.  Since the Revenue Service was uniformed as the US Navy, they do double duty in my Mexican-American games as well as the Seminole War. 

The Seminole figures in the link are also Old Glory (with an occasional Conquest figure).  The separate heads DO have very long stems for necks and do need to be trimmed down to an appropriate length so they don't look like Florida giraffes.

Anything else I can help with, just let me know.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »
As I posted in the other thread abt Seminole War Artillery. There is a OG Seminole in that photo - the center one:

I have all the OG Seminole figs and they mix very well in terms of size and posture with the Warlord ones. The loose heads is a nice feature and no problem to adjust

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 06:50:04 PM »
bulldogger2000, thanks.

I ordered some OG Seminoles to supplement my Conquest-Warlord and am going to get some greenstuff to try sculpting turbans on a few other manufacturers' figs. Trimming the neck posts was a necessity but overall the OG sculpts are quite nice. Will post some painted figs soon.

I also ordered the naval infantry and will use them. The outsized bayonets on the Naval Infantry bother me a little but hey, now I'm being picky. Have also started on my swamp terrain, some of which I hope will double for Cherokee Wars in NC. Will post some pics down the road.

Bill

Offline BillK

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Seminole War figs
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 07:07:12 PM »
traveller, thanks for the pic.