Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:57:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690580
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 771
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Can You Identify These? 15mm Arabs from 1979  (Read 802 times)

Offline ppecena

• Lurker
Can You Identify These? 15mm Arabs from 1979
« on: October 21, 2019, 05:49:39 PM »
I bought these beautifully painted miniatures in about 1979 in Dallas, Texas and would like some help identifying them.  They were based for the old Wargames Research Group Ancient rules and labelled as an Arab Conquest army.  The cavalry figures, especially the armored ones, are in a wide variety of poses. The suggestions I have heard so far are that they are a mix of Tabletop Games figures, Jacobite, and Minifigs.  I am fairly certain the spear infantry and camels are old Minifigs.  Maybe some Mike's Models are in there too?  Please take a look at these pieces of wargames history and let me know what you think!

I am going to try to attach pictures. 

Offline AlyMorrison

• Mad Scientist
Re: Can You Identify These? 15mm Arabs from 1979
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 08:31:49 AM »
Hi Paul
You certainly have a mixed bag there...

I think that the only Mikes Models are some of the horses in the last picture... the chap in that picture waving the sword with the purple cloak looks the a Tabletop Games miniature.
Also in the last picture... most clearly visible in the back row(there are a few others)there looks like a couple of Jacobite Miniatures Men of the South/Southron cavalry.
There looks like a fair scattering of Tabletop Games cavalry in the other shots.
I think that you are correct about the spearmen... Minifigs...
If I spot anything else I will let you know...
I will show you pictures to a friend of mine later today... he is a 15mm fan... he will probably prove me wrong on all accounts  lol

All the best.   Aly
YES!... I KNOW I AM A BUTTERFLY.
http://alystoysoldiers.blogspot.co.uk

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 11:21:26 AM »
The archers in the first pic look like Jacobite to me.  They tended towards being nearly flat but the detail was often good for the time.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 11:14:32 PM »
Definitely huge turban mikes models horses in there, could the last figures be Lancashire?
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---