Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690801
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hicks Barons' Wars sculpts - kickstarter at post #100  (Read 28601 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Hicks Barons' Wars sculpts - kickstarter at post #100
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »
You've got 12 days to go before it closes, so there's plenty of time to put a pledge in. It doesn't stop when it reaches the goal, so when the pledged amount reaches the various milestones, additional models are unlocked for release.

Thanks Cubs. I'm not that familiar with Kickstarter as I've never made a pledge to a particular campaign up to the present time.

I'll put my thinking cap on after reading how it all works :)

If you're going to convert the models, I would recommend you to check out Footsore's Norman range. Paul Hicks has sculpted the models for that range, so you might find it easier to use these figures for your conversions since both ranges had the same sculptor behind them. Here's the link to the Footsore range (hopefully, you find some use to it): https://footsoreminiatures.co.uk/collections/normans

Thanks Siegfried, I'm already very familiar with the range. I already own a large number of Perry First Crusade models so I'll be using mainly a mix of the Barons War and Perry ranges. I also own a huge number of Crusader and some of the newer Foundry models as well so I'm quite well stocked up as far as potential conversions go.

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2019, 02:05:54 PM »
Thanks Cubs. I'm not that familiar with Kickstarter as I've never made a pledge to a particular campaign up to the present time.

I'll put my thinking cap on after reading how it all works :)

Basically:
1. Hit the ‘Baron’ pledge button marked £1.
2. That opens a pledge page where you can enter the amount of money you want to pay (useful to work out how many packs you want at £5 or £7 beforehand).
3. If another pack you want ie Spearmen 3 becomes unlocked you can go back into that pledge page to increase your pledge.
4. After the campaign closes at 7pm on 29 September you’ll be sent a pledge manager link that allows you to enter in the codes for your chosen packs.
5. And at some point after that you’ll be sent the packs.

Not that I didn’t get puzzled first time I did one  :)
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2019, 02:39:02 PM »
Basically:
1. Hit the ‘Baron’ pledge button marked £1.
2. That opens a pledge page where you can enter the amount of money you want to pay (useful to work out how many packs you want at £5 or £7 beforehand).
3. If another pack you want ie Spearmen 3 becomes unlocked you can go back into that pledge page to increase your pledge.
4. After the campaign closes at 7pm on 29 September you’ll be sent a pledge manager link that allows you to enter in the codes for your chosen packs.
5. And at some point after that you’ll be sent the packs.

Not that I didn’t get puzzled first time I did one  :)

Thanks  :).

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2019, 10:59:18 PM »
A separate thread with link would be x100 times better! I almost missed that this had even started.  :?

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »
Only 4 days to go, Knights 3 nearly unlocked and a chance to get this mini:

Really looking forward to this  :)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2019, 09:01:24 AM »
Only 4 days to go, Knights 3 nearly unlocked and a chance to get this mini:
Really looking forward to this  :)

The KS has ended and pledges add up well over the £40,000 needed to unlock the Archbishop's model! I think that Andy and Paul have run a very tight and successful Kickstarter: good models, excellent communication and very realistic stretch-goals. Hopefully, delivery will be also on schedule!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:03:09 AM by Antonio J Carrasco »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2019, 09:22:59 AM »
Hi folks,

Is there a definitive release date set for the first packs as of yet?

Or even a vague one?

I'm still all, hot and bothered about getting my mitts on this range ASAP!!  :D

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2019, 10:03:42 AM »
Have you had the pledge manager email?  That shows the ordering process for Kickstarter backers and went out Sunday, from the last update it seems half the backers have completed and that the pledge manager will close on 1st November.

I assume that after that the casting steps up and packing starts - the emails all point to delivery before Christmas.

If you are asking when the figures will be available for general retail, I think that depends on Footsore’s release schedule and there’s no definite date on that yet.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2019, 11:50:41 AM »
Have you had the pledge manager email?  That shows the ordering process for Kickstarter backers and went out Sunday, from the last update it seems half the backers have completed and that the pledge manager will close on 1st November.

I didn't make a pledge so I'm waiting for the actual release date :)[/quote]

If you are asking when the figures will be available for general retail, I think that depends on Footsore’s release schedule and there’s no definite date on that yet.

Ah, I'll have to be a wee bit more patient then :)

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »
If it all proceeds to plan this will be the fastest Kickstarter I’ve been involved with - but that hasn’t stopped me being impatient for those lovely figures either.  I’m consoling myself with some of the Crusader Feudals in the meantime :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2019, 02:10:43 PM »
If it all proceeds to plan this will be the fastest Kickstarter I’ve been involved with - but that hasn’t stopped me being impatient for those lovely figures either.  I’m consoling myself with some of the Crusader Feudals in the meantime :)

I'm waiting, this is exactly the sort of range that I've been looking for for a very long time!

I've  got late(-ish) Spanish Reconquista plans for them!!   ;D 8)

Offline Sir Walter Rlyeh

• Bookworm
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2019, 03:41:15 PM »
They should be perfect for Las Navas de Tolosa.  The bishop figure would be perfect for Rodrigo Jiménez de Rada. 

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2019, 04:01:19 PM »
They should be perfect for Las Navas de Tolosa.  The bishop figure would be perfect for Rodrigo Jiménez de Rada.

That's the idea! It gives me a chance to field a nice unit of The Order of Santiago which would look superb.

At present I'm doing the Battle of Fraga 1132 for Partizan 2020. The "Moors" should be fine for Las Navas de Tolosa with the addition of a number of conversions and the Baron's War range will be spot on for the "Christian" forces. So, given the time, I'll probably do Las Navas de Tolosa at The Other Partizan or failing that Partizan 2021.

To say that I'm excited about this range is a huge understatement!  :o ;D :D o_o

I've got a bog Italian Wars demo in the pipeline too but that requires much more painting so that might have to run concurrently to the Reconquista projects.