Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:45:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hicks Barons' Wars sculpts - kickstarter at post #100  (Read 28302 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Hicks Barons' Wars sculpts - kickstarter at post #100
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2019, 11:03:36 AM »
As an impulse buyer it's now or never for me.

No such thing as an impulse buyer in wargaming  lol lol lol

Kind Regards

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2019, 04:29:24 PM »
I think I can put in an order by then. Now to work out precisely which conflict I am most interested in using them for  ;D
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2019, 06:19:10 PM »
I'm really interested in this.
How many more miniature packs to be added before the launch? Are you planning any more infantry?

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2019, 11:32:47 PM »
"Andy Hobday
3 hrs ·

The Barons’ War campaign will be a quick one, running just two weeks from September 15 to September 29, 2019. Most of the miniatures are already sculpted, so we expect a very quick turnaround for fulfilment on this, my first crowdfunding campaign. The miniatures will be cast, packed and shipped by Footsore Miniatures & Games, so you’ll receive their usual excellent quality and great service.

Why Kickstarter and not through Footsore?
The Barons' War is a personal project that I am personally funding which is why I am looking for help through crowdfunding. If successful I have lined up Footsore Miniatures & Games to manufacture, pack and ship everyone's pledges as they are a known entity with lots of experience delivering excellent quality and great service. The reason this project is separate to Footsore is their planned release schedule is full until the end of 2020!

When will the miniatures be on general release?
We don't have a plan at the moment for the miniatures after the Kickstarter except they definitely won't be released this year. If well received I'd like to reinvest any profits to finish off a set of rules releasing them along with more miniatures from Paul as soon as we can."

Offline Sir Walter Rlyeh

• Bookworm
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2019, 04:03:54 PM »
I made a note to pledge on my calendar.  By then I may have even finished reading Louis the French King who Invaded England.   

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2019, 04:04:08 PM »
huevans@

First, thank you for funding this.
The figures are great.
Can't wait for the kick starter.
Am all in for this one. :)
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »
I remember reading there may be a ruleset coming for this as well

Offline Siegfried

• Assistant
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2019, 04:23:48 AM »
I remember reading there may be a ruleset coming for this as well

If the figures do well in the Kickstarter, I'm sure we'll get a ruleset eventually. Andy Hobday has said this is one of his favorite periods, so I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to create a ruleset to accompany this great range of miniatures.

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2019, 06:14:42 AM »
Errr.....
"Andy Hobday
3 hrs · If well received I'd like to reinvest any profits to finish off a set of rules releasing them along with more miniatures from Paul as soon as we can."

:)
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2019, 12:58:14 PM »
Might be the first Kickstarter I subscribe to after a lot of arguing about. But the sculpts are great and it seems like a neat opportunity. :D
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2019, 07:47:38 AM »
Is the plan to have more mini's sculpted for this project after the kickstarter?

I also hope that the people who get their own mini make them available or that Andy arranges something to help get the mini's out there.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2019, 09:20:20 AM »
Is the plan to have more mini's sculpted for this project after the kickstarter?

I also hope that the people who get their own mini make them available or that Andy arranges something to help get the mini's out there.

Agreed. I'm very interested in a comprehensive range; less interested in a small range. I don't mean to be contrary but it's usually large ranges that catch my attention merely because there's much more scope for using the miniatures.

Kind Regards

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2019, 10:46:15 AM »
It’s the old gamble, if you’re the customer and don’t buy them early on the owner doesn’t make the cash flow to increase the range and there’s only a partial range. If you’re the commissioner you gamble that there will be sufficient interest in the partial first release because you can’t afford to do them all in one go.

........or that Andy arranges something to help get the mini's out there.

I think you’ll find that they are being released post-Kickstarter through Footsore.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2019, 09:37:29 PM »
I will pledge this KS, and hopefully that will help to bring a comprehensive range that, in the future, will expand beyond the English coasts and into the Continent. Besides the Baron's War, there is also the Albigensian Crusade, the wars in Spain between Christians and Saracens (and among Christians too! The Pope was forced to threaten Alfonso IX of Leon with ex-communication if he attacked Alfonso VIII de Castilla when the last went to fight the Almohads in 1212). And it wouldn't take too much imagination to use them for the Third and Fourth Crusades, either.