Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:08:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1/300 Paper Minis from War Artisan  (Read 430 times)

Offline cstoesen

• Scientist
    • Wargamers Odds and Ends
1/300 Paper Minis from War Artisan
« on: July 10, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »
I am working on a War off Jenkin's Ear project that covers the Spanish invasion of the coastal islands of Georgia. For the naval portion, I am using the wonderful paper models from War Artisan. 

Of the ships I need, I will be making a couple of 6th rate frigates, some brigs, sloops and schooners. These are all models that are availible in his existing 1/300 scale line.  What I need that he doesn't have are some bilanders (which were outdated by 1742 but at least 2 were part of the Spanish fleet), a galley, 2 galliots (half-galleys) and some Quarter-Galleys. I modified one of his hull designs to have a more curved stern section and redid the sail plan for a bilander.  I am not happy with the sail shape I ended up with but it works.  I will just have to make the second one better.

For the galleys and other rowed craft, I am at a loss at the moment. I found a place that makes them for an earlier period that should work but they are expensive models (relatively speaking).  I am going to try scratch building one based on some plans I found online. It might even work.
Chris Stoesen