Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:16:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Great Obelisk of C'thulhu  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Great Obelisk of C'thulhu
« on: July 11, 2019, 04:04:25 PM »
From Reaper Miniatures' Bones line. It was fun and tricky to paint. The explorer fig is from RAFM's
 Classic Cthulhu (28mm) and the other mini is a D&D Mind Flayer from the 80s painted as a Cthulhu priest.

Offline Deflatermouse

• Librarian
Re: Great Obelisk of C'thulhu
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »
Very nicely down.
I've wanted that obelisk for a while and recently got one. I'm planning on using him with my 15mm cultists.
I didn't know how I would exactly do it, but I just so very much like the model.

It's tricky to paint. The paint (humbrol) reacts with the plastic, so it's taking a while to paint.
Thank you for sharing.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:51:02 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Der Flatermouse! I painted it with hobby store acrylics, they seemed to work okay. I washed the obelix, painted it with white acrylic, next a wash of thinned torquoise over the runes. If I had to do it again I would have done a dark wash over the runes then dry brushed the stone with lighter shades of grey.In the end I had to go back and paint the runes in one at a time.  The bronze on the cephalopod was done by a mix dark olive and dark copper with  sea foam green for verdigris.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 10:18:59 AM »
It looks great.