Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 92007 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Batrep part 2 and wrap up, 12/17
« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2019, 02:38:37 AM »
I like that idea, actually. I'll need more landmark buildings in the coming months, and I think it is fair to give Mel his own eatery. Maybe I'll set it up more like a food truck with lots of outside seating. 

Well I'm glad to help Mel out, I like the food truck idea! That way Mel can move around and help sniff out leads for the crew from time to time "For a few kickbacks or two."
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Dropship refuelling station, painted 12/5
« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2019, 06:34:29 AM »
And since this figure is part of Mr T's retinue, here is a group shot so far.

For being a group of my own sculpts, I really couldn't be any more pleased with how these turned out.

I have plenty of updates for this week. I thought I might get in a game, but ended up not really having the time. It is sometimes easier to sit and paint for a bit than to get out terrain and get set up, etc. Such is life. This coming weekend is a game for sure! I have my next plot direction set, so I'll wrap up some terrain stuff and get the table set up for a Sunday game.

The short fellow second from left looks amazing.  I’d love to see more variants of him.  Even better, I’d purchase a few casts of him and other variants of his specific kind!

Dan
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 06:38:15 AM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »
The short fellow second from left looks amazing.  I’d love to see more variants of him.  Even better, I’d purchase a few casts of him and other variants of his specific kind!

Dan

Thanks. Unfortunately, these are really just fun sculpt "doodles" for me. I had never considered casting them. I'm quite pleased with having them on my gaming table, but I lack the skill to really replicate any of this. I'm lucky I managed this much when I did. All a bit fun luck, truthfully. I appreciate the thought though. Maybe in many years I'll be sculpting well enough to send something to a caster.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2019, 11:24:47 PM »
... I'm lucky I managed this much when I did. All a bit fun luck, truthfully. I appreciate the thought though. Maybe in many years I'll be sculpting well enough to send something to a caster.

Well, if you ever do, please make 3-5 variants of that little fellow.  If you make them 15-20mm tall, without overly massive weapons, you could market them to both the 15mm and the 28mm crowds.  Just a little something to think about down the road.

Dan
PS.  He reminds me a bit of this little guy, painted by artist Franco Brambilla:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/7652273/Invading-the-Vintage-retro-postcards-featuring-aliens-and-space-ships-by-Franco-Brambilla.html?image=4

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=262895

« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 04:27:06 AM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Batrep part 2 and wrap up, 12/17
« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2019, 06:43:00 PM »
A few updates and "stuff" from the holidays down time.

First, Mel is in his new Civilian form:

All ready to open his Diner! Greasy apron and all!  lol

This little guy has been staring at me for a long time. I have been calling him Plankton, from Spongebob. He will probably get a similar color paint job.

Since he is awfully small, I wasn't totally sure what I was going to do for a weapon, but 5 Parsecs recently came out with a Psionics expansion, so now he is going to be my pint-sized enforcer for Mr T.

Next to Mel, for scale:

Next up I have started to make some Gobbler variations. This is the Alpha Gobbler (center).

He has a reinforced skull plate and a razor tail feather.

Next up is some random critter. Just a grazing animal. A Gobbler for scale:

He was a happy little accident from some Apoxie Sculpt I was trying to use up before it hardened.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- New sculpts and updates 12/27
« Reply #275 on: December 27, 2019, 10:01:48 PM »
Nice rework on Mel, he seems to be adjusting to his new life rather nicely, your Gobblers look kind of creepy closer up. Some really nice work in the little guy there too!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- New sculpts and updates 12/27
« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »
Yeah, Mel will get on quite well in his new role. I've already begun planning out the food truck in my mind. That will be a fun bit of storytelling when we get there in 2020.

For today, some new sculpts. I'd say I'm about 90% done fiddling with them. This guy will be part of Mr. T's retinue:

More alien muscle for his crew. I haven't come up with a name just yet. That will come once I have some paint and get a feel for the look.

And a final shot for scale. I think he comes out at 13mm-ish, perhaps?

Ok, a warning about this next figure. He was intended to be something like a Jedi. A travelling warrior monk alien. Once I got to the "lightsaber" sculpting bit I realized I sucked and there was no way I could sculpt a decent lightsaber blade. So I began fiddling until I got something that worked as a melee weapon with a futuristic look. Not just an Earth sword, but something unique. But then I saw the pictures and...  :`

Uhhhhh... a bit phallic? Not the intention, but it can't be unseen now.  lol So, perhaps he doesn't use the force, but maybe the Schwartz?

He never understood why, but very few people ever accepted his challenge to a sword fight

And a final shot to see how he measures up.

Yikes... Well, I'm somewhat conflicted as to whether I chop the tip off or just giggle like a 13 year old every time I see him. Paint may help that some.  lol

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Last sculpts of 2019 12/30
« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »
Thanks now I can't get that image out of my mind, before you cut the tip off you may want to consult with your Rabbi.  lol

Nice sculptures, so who is the painted guy in the pictures?

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2019, 08:13:33 PM »
Thanks now I can't get that image out of my mind, before you cut the tip off you may want to consult with your Rabbi.  lol

Nice sculptures, so who is the painted guy in the pictures?

lol

Also... I knew someone was going to ask me that. She came in a random pack of sci-fi alien mercenaries. I say "she" because the figure has a long ponytail. Clearly an alien falling into the "human culture" trend just to piss her parents off. Probably a wig.

Wish I could give you more of a hint than that. She isn't from a cohesive set. I try not to buy figures that would be used for an army (same figure, multiple poses) since everyone is an individual character in my games. So when (if) you look, you can focus on mercenary packs, starship crew packs, etc. I never buy the "Terran forces riflemen team" packs. 

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2019, 10:13:54 PM »
It's one of the Road Wardens from Loud Ninja Games. At first I thought it was something you had sculpt until you mentioned you had bought it.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »
It's one of the Road Wardens from Loud Ninja Games. At first I thought it was something you had sculpt until you mentioned you had bought it.

Lol, really? The face is very... lumpy? Doesn't look human. Maybe less so because I painted its face green  lol

But no, not my sculpt. I'm not there yet! Lumpy or not, I'm not sure I can sculpt a face that well.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #281 on: December 31, 2019, 12:41:28 AM »
I'm not there yet! Lumpy or not, I'm not sure I can sculpt a face that well. 

You're leaps a bounds ahead of me in sculping, for instants that "Willy" launcher looks great!  lol  lol lol lol

I have the tools and everything else, I just haven't tried yet myself.

I am sure you could do a better face then that one. I bet back home they call her "Butter Face" cause everything on her looks good butter face!  lol lol

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #282 on: January 04, 2020, 12:21:21 PM »
Your sculpting gets better and better, Andrew!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2020, 02:34:56 PM »
Your sculpting gets better and better, Andrew!

Thanks! I'm hoping to get some paint on these, and wrap up sculpting on a couple others I'm working on, this evening. Might be a touch ambitious as I'm also tinkering with a new building for this project, and wrapping up a larger post apoc building for my post apocalyptic project. I also started putting paint to some sci-fi civilians over the weekend, so hopefully they will be done soon as well.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #284 on: January 07, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »
Well, I didn't get further than priming the figures on their bases, but I did get further along with the newest building and some new injury markers:

Because not everybody has red blood.