Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:44:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 93108 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- New injury tokens 1/7
« Reply #285 on: January 07, 2020, 09:46:06 PM »
Nice Splatters! The colors look great, interested in the building you mentioned.

Wife is out of town for the weekend and I have a small project all lined up and no interruptions. (cue evil laugh)  lol
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2020, 05:20:15 AM »
Those wound markers are awesome! Sharp painting, all of it!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #287 on: January 13, 2020, 04:27:31 PM »
Quick update today. I have a bit more in the hopper but am hoping to finalize some stuff tonight so I can post some finished pics and not just WIP.

These, aside from matte varnishing, are done. A couple clusters of civilians:

All of the civilians for these clusters were "human" so I tried to give them some diversity through skin color. Future clusters will be more diverse.

Truthfully, I have no idea how these will factor into game play as a whole. I've seen some interesting games where civilians become moving cover for the bad guys (not good guys assuming you don't want to shoot up the good people of the town), and/or clusters become objectives if you are trying to sniff out a spy/terrorist in a crowd. Either way, they will definitely show up in pictures!

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Civilian clusters 1/13
« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2020, 07:40:22 PM »
Those look really great!

I mount clusters  of people  for zombie  hordes  HOMES scale  in groups  of 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1, easier  to move and swap out as their numbers get whittled  down.

I like to use bystanders for when a shot missed it's  intended  target, so where did it go, check to see if they get hit! Could change the whole game! If it misses them, then  roll a dice as to which direction  they all run making for a break  in line of sight giving  either side a  chance to get the upper  hand.

I mount  my civilians on single  bases it's  just easier  for myself.

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »
Very nice! Love the alien skin tones!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »
Thanks, guys. I was quite pleased with how the skin colors turned out. My inspiration was Star Trek Andorian (without the antennae, because I would always be breaking those  :?)

And of course...

I prefer my sci-fi bright and colorful. Plus, I gave a little nod to the infamous red shirts!  lol

I don't suppose I have any real intention to go down a "kill civilians" story line. That is a little dark for my tastes. Especially in a world where the most lethal critters on the planet are genetically modified turkeys  lol But they might make for fine cover, or an objective marker of sorts. I have some singular civilian types as well. Perhaps the larger the crowd the more difficult it is to detect the spy. Two successes, three successes, etc.

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2020, 08:30:40 PM »
That poor guy in the red shirt is doomed. :)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2020, 08:46:58 PM »
That poor guy in the red shirt is doomed. :)

Yup. I imagine that his days will be fraught with danger. Even as he simply walks to work with his lunchbox lol

A couple quick updates on some sculpts. This WIP is starting to come along. It is intended to be a larger (20mm?) porter character for the starport, or onboard a ship. In his arms will be some boxes or something once I get more details sculpted.

And from the back:

This is a sculpt that is starting to get some paint.

After taking pictures I noticed his hands weren't painted so I went back and touched that up. Maybe I'll get some action pics later.

You wouldn't know it, but I won't really jump back into my 15mm sci-fi project until after this weekend. Right now I am more focused on 28mm post apoc.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Sculpts WIP and painting 1/15
« Reply #293 on: January 16, 2020, 07:39:17 AM »
Nice paint work, the sculpture  is looking  really good too can't  wait  to  see  it finished.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #294 on: January 16, 2020, 08:30:56 AM »
Always interesting to see where you are going! Don't go abandon your 15mm stuff now, you hear!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #295 on: January 16, 2020, 08:49:50 AM »
Excellent stuff! Understand your need for a break though hope you come back to 15mm sci fi!  :)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #296 on: January 16, 2020, 07:13:13 PM »
Well, no... I'm a long way off from hanging up the towel on this. But I am trying to split time between a couple genres. I have a fantasy world lurking somewhere too, but I'm waiting on some dungeons to be delivered before that will start to be a thing on my gaming plate. For now, Sci fi and post apoc split about 50/50 but most of the time I think I'll just pick away at projects of both genres if I don't have a major project taking my time.

Something like these new buildings for my space port. These will join the refueling platform at some point. First up is the air traffic control structure. I haven't glued on the antenna/dish yet, but that will go on top of the tower portion.

From the above view you can see the (currently unpainted) entry portal into the command center.

Below is the bubble view port to watch ships land, and the other portion of the building will be a generator or something.

The building (buildings?) below are a cluster of storage units, small offices for starport operations, and so forth. Small connectors tie the electric/water services together, but each structure has its own entrances and so forth.

And the other side...

This entire project was based on these weird trays that were in a Christmas gift that held little chocolates, cheeses and such. Each structure is about the right height for a low ceiling 15mm building. I still have a ton of this tray material that I didn't cut into, in case I like the way these turn out. If not... trash! lol

These will be put on cardboard bases once I get a bit further in the painting process. The lip at the bottom will be covered with texture/grit paste and the buildings will just be sitting in the natural dirt of the planet.

I have a building of a different sort for tomorrow.  :D

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Some new WIP buildings 1/16
« Reply #297 on: January 16, 2020, 09:46:46 PM »
Cooooool!  8)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2020, 04:54:12 AM »
Very nice set of buildings they will look really good with your Spaceport  and refueling  station.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2020, 05:25:20 AM »
CookAndrewB

That long blue-headed fellow and his friends reminded me of something Moebius (Jean Giraud) would have done, had his medium been sculpting:

Dan
PS.  What is that orange colored putty you are using?  How does it compare in tackiness to others, such as Kneadatite (Green Stuff)?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:35:27 AM by Cacique Caribe »