Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 92015 times)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new sculpts and press molding 11/20
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2019, 06:39:15 PM »
Thanks Ockman, feeling is very mutual.

Today's update is the Dropship refueling and maintenance shop. Two large center tanks will be topped with a landing pad (not made yet), which will span out over the various supports (black pieces). The yellow area will be lined as a parking area for loading/unloading and the blue will be the normal sidewalk yellow. It all gets painted black first, so it hardly matters what color it starts out as.

Opposite side is the stairway to reach the landing pad, as well as more sidewalk.

On one end will be the pipes for the refueling operations.

On this side I'll build up some storage containers etc.

I'll plink around with this for another few weeks, but I wouldn't expect it to be table ready for 3-4 weeks since I'll be focusing on getting the ship together for the next week.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 06:42:58 PM by CookAndrewB »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Dropship refuelling station 11/21
« Reply #226 on: November 21, 2019, 11:21:13 PM »
Thank You, for the information on the push molds.

Your refueling platform is a great idea and the looks of it seems to be coming along very well!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »
No problem, Monkey. Happy to help.

So the goal for the weekend is to get the new starship pieces painted and get all the black wash detailing done. Then finish up the half painted engine pieces and give the engine room some additional flooring details. Depending on how smoothly that goes, I may also try my hand at some interior details for the corridor between the engine compartments. Oh, and I have some new furniture/objective pieces to finish as well. By the end of the weekend, I should have another coherent starship ready for play.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2019, 03:22:19 AM »
Nice line up of to do's, can't wait to see what you have coming.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2019, 05:36:43 AM »
So many cool news posts. I just love your terrain.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2019, 01:37:54 PM »
Well, I managed to get through most of my list. What I didn't manage, yet, was pictures. Hopefully tonight. This is a short posting week because of the holiday on Thursday. So I'll likely only have updates tomorrow and Wednesday.

That said, next week should be a flurry of activity as I'll have at least an extra day of painting/building over this long weekend, and a game on Sunday.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2019, 05:08:25 PM »
Update on a couple sculpts (with paint).

First up is Vee, Mr. T's cleaner.

A better view of the tentacle armor and belt that protects his vital organs.

Still need to put some spit polish on the pack and hoses, but otherwise he is tabletop ready.

And, Mr. T:

Working on some detail painting for the hat and cape, but I like the way the suction cup things came out.

Suitably gangster, and he should (hopefully) feature in this weekend's aftermath. Not the game itself, but the wrap up I hope.

In addition to the sculpts, I managed to paint up a ship's crew for the weekend's game. First up are two able bodied spacemen.

Guy on the left had puffy shirt sleeves added with Prosculpt, and the guy on the right had his pistol altered to make it a bit more substantial with the same.

This is the ship's engineer and porter. I really wish I could remember where I got the porter guy. He is a fun little figure full of detail and character.

And lastly, the crew's leader.

I think I want to paint on some logo on the back of his shirt. Just haven't figured out what yet.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Painted sculpts and figures 11/26
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2019, 07:10:19 PM »
Nice paint work! Love how your sculps turned out too! looking forward to your game report.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Painted sculpts and figures 11/26
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2019, 02:24:53 PM »
Last update of the week. Here is the overall newest starship progress:

As-is, I'm ok with gaming on this. There are more details to pick out, but that may be an ongoing project more than a necessity for the weekend game. That said, I have some time to pick out details and HOPEFULLY get a bridge built.

Some close up pictures of the additional engine room details. Since this particular drive section is an older model, I wanted it to be less self contained and more sprawling. So while the engines are in one section I'm picturing the other large section as a mechanicals and coolant room. So it has a variety of pipes and grates and not just deck plating.

And a better look at one of the main engines.

Got the basic paint on the bridge window and the observation deck window.

A picture of the exterior wall detail on the starboard nacelle.

And, lastly, the three short furniture pieces are complete. Next furniture builds will be hospital beds.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Starship dungeon and terrain updates 11/27
« Reply #234 on: November 27, 2019, 03:36:01 PM »
Wow! That is a nice setup with lots of gaming room  :o.  The added furnishing looks great too.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2019, 04:02:52 PM »
Wow! That is a nice setup with lots of gaming room  :o.  The added furnishing looks great too.

I have enough ship sections to make two full ships now, so that is nice. I need to knock out one more engine room and I can do three full ships of roughly this size. After this, I'm thinking some intermediate lized ships like yours. There is some real potential there.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2019, 05:12:54 PM »
Keep up the good work, that is impressive!

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2019, 10:13:53 PM »
That thing Mr. V is carrying must be a space-vaccuum, afterall he is Mr. T's cleaner.   lol lol lol lol

This is a great project and I love all the spaceship interiors and detail.  Great for RPGs or wargaming sci-if.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #238 on: December 03, 2019, 08:45:58 PM »
There is a new battle report posted. Page 23, post #223, if you want all the details. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/last-one-out-of-eden-lock-the-gate-15mm-sci-fi-t6176-s220.html

The highlights:

This time the crew transported onto the light freighter Orion's Fanny Pack (OFP). The ship is named after a cluster of planets that linger on the back side of Orion's Belt. Deployment in the port nacelle (top right-ish).

The mission was a Find (not a contract) and the crew basically stumbled upon the OFP adrift and reporting navigational computer issues. Feeling generous, Bucket decided to bring the crew over to render assistance. Upon boarding, the crew was not greeted, and in fact the OFP's crew generally seemed to shy away from them.
While rummaging around the ship, the crew did note that there were more lifesigns onboard than were registered on the ship's log. Unsure of what they would run into, the crew decided not to pursue the contacts.

Super Salad also broke into a locked compartment to discover that there was contraband radioactive material making the space quite uninhabitable. So... creepy crawly things, maybe, and compartments filled with lethal radiation? Something was seriously wrong.

Bucket did manage to fix the ship's navigation computer, but rather than a grateful thank-you and a reward, the ship's captain pointed his rifle at Bucket and ordered him off the ship. Tired of the uneasy feel of the place, Bucket ordered Ant to loot some salvage and beat feet back to the Trou.

Ant helped himself to some choice items from the starboard nacelle and retreated as ordered.

This was how the game ended:

Wrap up:
Sort of a weird game. Lots of tension with two contact markers on the board, but ultimately the team decided to leave the weirdo crew, and their potentially illicit cargo (radioactive contraband included) alone and get out. I imagined it a lot like Alien if someone had early on in the movie said "screw that, let's just leave the cat and go." Not much of a movie, but maybe pretty realistic. I have no idea what the contacts were. Smuggled slaves, bandits trying to lure in naive crews, Mel's cousin cheating on him? Maybe we will know next time. 😂

Points of interest were a contact, a hazard (radioactive contraband), and an obstacle (nav computer). Bucket failed the nav computer repair, but I burnt a story point to give him an accidental fix moment. In the "fixing" Bucket was able to also see some of the navigation history for the ship and ended up with a bit of data which may be a lead for future missions about the OFP. Salvage turned out to be worth four credits.

Crew event was that Bucket became more risk averse. Whether it was the captain pulling the gun on him, or the near miss in getting the nav computer started up, he has decided to be more cautious in the future. This means -1 speed and +0.5 to reactions. Chances are he will act earlier in a turn, but he won't be double timing around any future engagements with a speed fo 3. Bucket was selected on a random d6 roll, but it fit the story quite well.

Campaign event was a crew strike. One random character would leave if a 5 credit expense wasn't paid. I decided that the crew rather liked having a transporter (no more space walks) and demanded to have one installed in the Trou for future engagements. I'll go ahead and build a transporter station for the Trou at the expense of 5 credits. The crew is happy, and nobody leaves.

Character jobs:
-Super goes sightseeing and runs into a loan broker who heard about the rescue of the OFP. He waives 2 credits worth of loans.
-Bubba trains and earns 1xp. He earned nothing from sitting out the previous mission.
-Ant shops and manages to trade for some useless trinkets.
-Decaf goes sightseeing as well and makes a friend who joins the crew. For such a surly and rude character to make a friend really is something. Vaq will join the crew for future missions and increase overall crew expense by 1.
-Mel goes shopping and picks up some tourist garbage worth... nothing. Specifically, Mel now has a shirt that says "I'm with stupid" and an arrow that points up.
-Bucket goes looking for leads and doesn't turn anything up. Patchy the Pirate doesn't have any juicy gossip at the EWIG this time.

The crew, with 8 potential leads, does generate a mission.

Next mission:
Upon returning to Forbear, the crew casually discusses their time aboard the OFP and catches the attention of the bulbous and sinister Pernicious Snark.
"A friend of ours would like you to retrieve his property from the OFP. Our friend has been searching for that ship for a while now, and they have evaded invitations to have a friendly conversation about taking what doesn't belong to them. It seems the OFP was running a rather sophisticated navigation program which plotted short hops through the Bakwotter Belt to an undisclosed location. Very untraceable, and quite...confounding to our friend. It is our understanding that your crew might have some information which could help decode the hop sequence and plot a final destination. Our friend will compensate you generously, and you are welcome to all of the spoils of your effort so long as you return the item in question. What is it? Oh, you will know..." And with that the Snark turns and waddles away to a pack of rather rusted old combat robots. The crew discusses the offer, but nobody believes they have a choice to refuse this mission.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Batrep and wrap up 12/3
« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2019, 03:12:18 PM »
Nice report, the size of that ship is awesome, I agree have a teleporter very useful.