Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 92027 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Predator with a Dirty Kiss 1/27
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »
Nice work, the Dirty Kiss is rather cool, it's  a shame that it sometimes let's  it's  program  protocols carry it a little to far in it's  work. :D
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #316 on: January 27, 2020, 08:11:49 PM »
Nice work, the Dirty Kiss is rather cool, it's  a shame that it sometimes let's  it's  program  protocols carry it a little to far in it's  work. :D

Spoken like one of those "pro-trash" nutjobs.  lol

Thanks, man. Next up I need to make some home cleaning models.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #317 on: January 28, 2020, 03:33:38 AM »
I do need to add robots/androids to the gaming mix, it would add more flavor to the games as well.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2020, 04:23:52 PM »
I do need to add robots/androids to the gaming mix, it would add more flavor to the games as well.

There are some nice options out there. I have the "self aware" vending robot, the sports projector TV robot (my sculpt of BB-8-ish similarities) and I've had a little trash can robot that came with the vending machine on my table for a while. I primed up a "not super battle droid" this weekend, so as soon as I figure out what color to paint him I'll have one of those as well. I don't think the robot uprising is coming anytime soon, but they are there!  lol

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2020, 05:45:42 PM »
Some build updates on the Predator lodge (402 Local). Painting is mostly done with the exception of some touch up work here and there.

The xenomorph sculpting turned out about as well as I could have hoped for.  lol The giant skull over the door, and the skin tarp (tried to paint it to look like it was sewn together) also turned out to my liking. I figures these would clearly be the kinds of things the Predator hunters would bring back to the lodge to celebrate their victories. The building uses the native yellow stone for bricks in the front.

I was originally envisioning a metal finish on the top, but whatever this ended up being worked well for me. I'm just going to call that visually appealing enough.

The service entrance and HVAC/telecom panels in the back.

Need to dry brush the top highlight on the ground, add some posters and signage on the back door (entrance/exit) and I think this will be good enough for now.

Finally got through some builder's block with the mechanic's workshop and garage. I was hoping to put ground texture on both tonight, but it looks like that will probably be on hold until tomorrow. Not a huge deal as that still gives me some time to finish both pieces and complete at least one new scatter terrain before the next game on Sunday.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Predator hunting lodge progress 1/28
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2020, 02:48:55 AM »
I bet there will be a lot of tall tales about "The big that got away!"  lol lol

Looking real good, the xenomorph  shin and skull looks great!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2020, 07:53:51 AM »
That's a great building, very cool xenomorph skull and 'skin'(?)

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »
I think of the Xenomorph stuff more as growth? In the Alien Franchise it seems to be a mix between architecture and something like the roots of a plant. It is a little unclear what it is, now that I think of it.  :-I

And, yes, I believe that my next little project for the Predators will be to modify some Predator sculpts to be a little paunchy, and wearing something like a fez hat. Basically if you take a middle aged Predator who has been in middle management for the better part of two decades. Something like this... with tendril dreadlocks and shoulder mounted laser cannons  lol

Probably going to be a lot of white shirts and light blue slacks in that group  :)

So, one of my goals before the next game was to make some vehicles. Here is one such effort; the self driving taxi-bot.

Forbear isn't a huge place, so the design is basically just for standing. You can get 4-5 people into it, comfortably. Since the people space is at a premium, it does have an external main propulsion system. You might imagine that this can really get you from point A to B in a hurry with an engine that large.

Truthfully, that was designed for very large cities which would require long distance travel. Forbear's taxi just putters around using the smaller impulse drive. The AI that pilots the taxi does relish the occasional pickup/drop off run, way outside of town, at a mining location. Then it really gets to open up the throttle and let loose.

Like many of the citizens of Forbear, the taxi itself has a pretty adventurous spirit, and frequently overrides its "safe passenger protocols." More than once the taxi has gleefully agreed to pick up a passenger actively engaged in a gunfight, and has often been witness to the taking (and making) of a life within its humble yellow cab. Not a bad assignment!

Cab is a bundle of bits glued to a floss container. Frankly, floss containers may be the new "deodorant vehicle" for 15mm. I have a LOT of empty floss containers at home  lol. They seem to scale well for this kind of project.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Self driving taxi 1/29
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2020, 08:18:02 PM »
Love that taxi!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2020, 08:22:38 PM »
Love that taxi!

Thanks! It sure would look good buzzing around on your new streets!  lol

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2020, 01:58:35 AM »
I have to agree that is pretty cool!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2020, 02:12:56 PM »
Thanks! It sure would look good buzzing around on your new streets!  lol

I am in dire need of vehicles, especially since I expanded my city board (but I think that 60x60cm will suffice for solo play - my new tiles are both to add variety and to be able to fight (somewhat) larger battles in the future).

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #327 on: January 30, 2020, 09:24:13 PM »
Well, I can say that the floss container vehicles will be a pretty standard thing for me. I have floss boxes in every shape and size, so I think it will be easy to come up with some variety!

But... today is a sculpt day  :D Tomorrow will be more floss vehicles!

So, there is this guy.

I haven't totally worked out a back story. Not sure if it is another robot, or a very tiny alien piloting this quadruped rig.

And another of my Not-Dralasites. No pants this time.

The way it is craning its neck reminds me a bit of ET, but that was very much not the intention. This will be an alien civilian background figure. Might give it a backpack or something mundane and un-military just to break up the coloring of the body.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Two new sculpt WIP 1/30
« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2020, 11:48:42 PM »
Those look great!

Will you be adding some digits to that last fella?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:41:06 AM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Two new sculpt WIP 1/30
« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2020, 02:12:36 AM »
Those figures look great! I really need try my hand at sculpting.