Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:23:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689768
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- new painted figures 11/11  (Read 93141 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Engineer's workshop 2/10
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2020, 04:28:57 AM »
Very nice engineering shop, I'm very interested in what they may invent!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Engineer's workshop 2/10
« Reply #346 on: April 06, 2020, 05:09:51 PM »
Well, I've taken a little hiatus on my 15mm sci-fi project to work on another project, but over the past week or so I've been creeping back into this (mostly through inspirational work by Ockman, Zrune, Skully, and others in the 15mm mafia).

So, first up is an old sculpt that finally got some paint. This is my quadrupedal robobrain.

Sometimes four legs are better than two... or three. Er, 15? Anyway, sometimes four legs is just right for lugging your disembodied brain around in a robotic chassis. This model has been around the block a time or two. When the current owner picked this robot up, the owner tried to pass it off as a low mileage "gently used" model. The new owner eyeballed the dirt and grime, pointed out the various scratches and dents, and felt pretty good about negotiating the price down a few hundred credits. It really wasn't until the new owner took it around the block a few times that he started to hear the grinding in the right rear actuators, or could smell the subtle hint of someone else's spinal fluid when the AC unit was running. Frustrated he waddled back to the robot dealer for a refund, but found out the dealership packed up and flew to parts unknown. Crap. Well, without this "new" body the owner would have died; so maybe it isn't all bad. He can get over the various stains and smells. The squeeks, and rattles may fade into the background, unnoticed one day. At least the radio works just fine... *bzzzzt*.

At least the radio works just fine... *bzzzzt, crackle*

Oh, come on!!!! At least the radio works just fine... *Bzzzt* "Welcome worshippers of Rush Limbaugh-logy. Today we will be hearing from the book of Opinions, chapter 7; Women's Rights and the Liberal Agenda."

*smash smash smash* No... NO!!!! *gentle sobbing* at least the radio works... *bzzzt* "They think they can come in here and marry YOUR goat?! Not on my watch! Not in America!!"

*click* I WILL BE AVENGED!!!!!

The first steps towards a lifetime quest for revenge against the used-robot dealer begins with a single grinding step...

Next up is another sculpt. I wasn't going to give him a weapon, but his pose was just begging for it. Hopefully I'll get some paint on him this week.

Lastly is my dock worker, Carl.

Carl has been sitting headless on my table for quite a while. I happened to have a little extra putty and whipped something together for him. I think he turned out a little like the Navigator from Aliens.

Next up is to sculpt his payload and figure out what I'm going with his arms. Big hands? Tentacles with suction cups? Not sure yet.

I'll try to get some terrain updates posted later in the week and not be so scarce, in general.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- Sculpting updates 4/6
« Reply #347 on: April 06, 2020, 06:32:45 PM »
Great stuff, Andrew!

(glad to be a part of the mafia  :D)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #348 on: April 07, 2020, 04:23:27 AM »
Very nice sculpts, I'm sure with the four legged bot you'll get the bugs worked out.  lol

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #349 on: April 07, 2020, 04:18:14 PM »
Some terrain updates:

The Ewig needed a sign. Also, I had leftover putty one day and decided to sculpt a bloomin' Grunion. It all kinda devolved from there. The base was from an aquarium plant. I couldn't let it go to waste.

This.... well, this is my first attempt at something like a futuristic large scale 3d printer thing. At least part of the overall mechanism in the molecular reclamation and reformation concept.

Seeing as how I painted the inside a bit like a fiery furnace, perhaps this is the machine that takes recycled goods and de-molecularizes them. I really just don't know. I pretty much threw this together while tinkering about.

Gotta have a nice touch screen panel!

"So if you like throw a dude on the demoleculatizinator, wonder what happens???"

Good question.

Well.... he would get broken down into his molecular components and recycled (upcycled, depending on the person) into a chair, or a new tire. I figure the good people of my universe know that this is a bad thing to tangle with. That is probably why the control panel is relatively far away from the reclamation grid. Plus, it is pretty cool to watch. So the control panel faces the item being shredded and sorted at the atomic level.  lol

What's next...

Depending on my whims, I may pull out some of the old Eden terrain and start working on refreshing them. I need to clear some space in my figure drawers, and all of the scatter for Eden is sitting in there filling spaces where there should be aliens and space men. My thought was that some of the scatter terrain could just go find a permanent home and get glued into place. It really doesn't take up much interior space, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #350 on: April 07, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »
Lovely machinery, sweet story!

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- small terrain update 4/7
« Reply #351 on: April 08, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »
Since I'm closing in on max capacity for my terrain for this project (it was, oddly enough, never meant to be as sprawling as it has become), I'm now going to focus more on updating details for my terrain. Here are the first few painted items. Everything going into the interiors of the starships/homes will be a mix of PVC foam and cardboard.

This little row of cabinets are foam with cardboard handles glued on.

Another cabinet with some mandatory glowy lights. What do they indicate? Our simple 21st century minds can't comprehend the complexities of the future!

A wider view of this bridge section. In addition to these first couple cabinets, the airlock now has an interior door.

Closeup of the interior side of the airlock.

And a look from the outside. The goal is to give each bridge section an airlock, and then look for some other hull segments that might also get them. I think I've glued together (window and door) enough for five full airlocks with an interior and exterior that are mirror images. I'll probably stick with the yellow coloring for all of the airlocks.

So, I'll continue on my business of updating the bridge sections first, and then work my way through the mid-hull and finally spend time on the engine sections. Somewhere along the line I'll also hit the two drop ships (two more dropship hulls are in the works) and then wrap up with the ground based terrain. I'm guessing this is at least the next 6-months' worth of terrain work for me.

More updates to show off next week. Hopefully by then it will start to look a little more complete and less like a couple random objects plopped into the scene.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
Re: 15mm Sci Fi project: Eden- starship dungeon terrain overhaul project 4/8
« Reply #352 on: April 08, 2020, 05:35:30 PM »
Cabinetry..... of the FUTURE! 

My first thought was that it was a mini-fridge.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #353 on: April 08, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »
Cabinetry..... of the FUTURE! 

My first thought was that it was a mini-fridge.

Nah, in the far future they continue to make things bigger and bigger. The cabinet is actually a Pez dispenser, and it only fits one Pez at a time!

Could be a mini fridge though. Captain has to keep his brewskis chilled for the post "whoa, we just broke free of the interdimensional brain alien's elaborate gladiatorial arena death match against an army of sexy Winston Churchill clones by teaching them the true meaning of Leif Erikson Day" celebrations. Happens about once a week, but at irregular intervals. Can't risk not having a cold beer on standby.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #354 on: April 08, 2020, 06:47:52 PM »
Lovely project. I enjoy adding stuff to older stuff. If you get what I mean.

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2020, 10:19:19 PM »
Added some more bits to Bridge #1 over the weekend. There are three distinct areas starting to form right now. The airlock room with storage options for all of the space walks and hull maintenance; the Control Room with various helm and tactical displays, and a sensor suite room, opposite the airlock. Based loosely off of my time on a submarine, sensors (sonar) don't operate in a command and control environment. They would feed fire control info, but wouldn't be with everyone else. The control room will soon be getting a navigation plot, and an enhanced communications station.

Here is the overview so far.

Some updates to the airlock room. Mostly signs and such at this point.

This angle looks into the advanced sensor suite, and shows some of the other signs added to the ship.

Sensor display panels and a highly advanced processing computer!

And I added some flair to the front of the Con.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Great additions!

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
Top notch! 

The front of the air lock needs a welcome mat.   lol

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
Top notch! 

The front of the airlock needs a welcome mat.   lol

It is a little known fact that spacewalks make for very muddy feet. Space mud. The worst kind of mud...

Offline Billchuck

• Scientist
    • Velociengineer.net
It is a little known fact that spacewalks make for very muddy feet. Space mud. The worst kind of mud...

This is why astronauts hate potato’s.  Spud is a real problem.