Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:57:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brandt's Raid on the NY Frontier  (Read 556 times)

Offline kingsmt

• Mad Scientist
Brandt's Raid on the NY Frontier
« on: July 12, 2019, 08:06:59 AM »
I've painted up my original Eastern Woodlands Indians to match my existing Barzso Indians colors. I used GW paints, specifically Desert Sand (now Tallarn Sand) and Red Gore. For those of you who never dabbled in 54 mm plastic, Ron Barzso was a playset and figure maker who produced limited edition 54 mm product. He has since retired and his items fetch top dollar, if you can manage to locate them.

The trees are Britains, Barzso (Pines) and Marx (Bare). The cabin is a Mattel toy that was converted and painted by me.The settlers and frontiersmen are from the Barzso Colonial Militia and the New Orleans Defenders bagged sets.

The Indians are my own original figures. I purchased the Master figures from the original sculptor 20 odd years ago.They were sculpted at my specific request to match Barzso figures. The same sculptor also produced my Alamo Mexicans and Texican Defender original figures that are pictured here somewhere.I was finally able to get molds made and resin figures produced. All the Indians shown here are original poses made form the Master sculpts. The Indians scalping the dead frontiersman and the Brave holding a scalp up high are new conversions added to the poses. That brings the pose count up to 15, I believe.

I tried to show the Indians as best I could. I am really proud of them. It was a long time, more than a few bucks and several disappointments along the way, but I finally got what I always wanted........... My own original figures.

So, here's a quick little scene showing Joseph Brandt's Indians emerging from the woods, to raid a small farm on the NY frontier. The militia was alerted to the Indians advance  by the dead scout, who was scalped for his trouble!  A fierce firefight ensued, with the settlers realizing that the same fate awaited them as that scout, who lay dead on the field.