Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689717
  • Total Topics: 118289
  • Online Today: 768
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hattin.  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
Hattin.
« on: July 15, 2019, 08:41:23 PM »
First battle in the New Emporium at the Seaside. The Crudators are thirsty and must capture the outdoor swimming pool (bottom right) for a gargle. Saladin fancies the one True Cross (centre of the Crudator’s line) for a new tent pole…

I have it from an impeckable sauce that the cardinal rule for solo wargaming is strict impartiality…

With that sorted let’s have at it. They move fast, but can they fight? The Saracen horse thunder forward and let loose their arrow storm…

:o

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: Hattin.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 05:30:23 AM »
But what happens next???

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 08:05:10 AM »
Real life gets in the way in the shape of a 'proper' wargame. One with a real live flesh and blood, I was going to add thinking, but it's one of the Dunderheads so that bit wouldn't count, opponent glowering across the tabletop!
As for Hattin, it was fought to a bloody conclusion, tune in soon for the next episode.

:)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:08:08 AM by Harry Faversham »

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »
Great stuff Harry,

Love the great helm and sword plus the para uniform!

Cheers
Matt

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 08:31:10 PM »
Love it! It’s really a major thing when playing solo to stay neutral, I agree!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »
Predictably the arrow storm provokes the Crudator Knights into a charge, the Saracen Heavies meet them head on and a massive melee sees casualties on both sides. Surprisingly, their Bedouin Light Cavalry fare best evading the heavy Crudators on their nimble ponies.

Over on the right flank the massed Saracen Cavalry follow up their volley with a charge. Well met by the Crudators who, heavily outnumbered kill them in droves till overcome by their numbers.

A Squadron of Templar Knights clear the hill riding down all before them.

The time bought by the Knights Templar’s charge allows their reserve to form line and charge led personally by King Harry the Lionfart.

Saracen Cavalry fall like wheat beneath the scythe, but their numbers once again begin to tell.

Casualties mount as fighting rages the breadth of the battlefield.

The mounted Knights Templar fall to a man, King Richard the Lionfart, going down himself under an avalanche of Saracen Cavalry.

On the Crudators right flank a desperate Balien Goone engages Saladin in single combat. But Saladin hadn’t become the man he is by being intimidated by a loudmouth whippersnapper, Goone is soon cut down to size!

The crisis point of the battle is reached, the Knights Templar foot Knights are assailed from all sides. But these lads are the ‘terminators’ of the Crudator’s Army and a frightful carnage ensues in the Saracen ranks.

A rock upon which the Saracen storm is broken, they can do no more, and are routed from the field.

The battered Crudator survivors march to the Lido and gather around the One True Cross to give thanks to their God.

What price Glory now, Harry, lad…

:'(

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 11:07:30 AM »
Great battle report and nice looking game  :)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 01:42:25 PM »

King Richard the Lionfart

lol o_o lol

I wonder how he got his name, and did a little research. Here is a liberal translation from the famous Crusader Encyclopedia by the late Dr. M.C.W.W. Cartwright, PhD, KotE, WMCA:

Was it when his bodily odours single handed defeated the Saracen ar Akko? Or when the desert winds brought the stench into besieged Jerusalem reportedly killing hundreds who couldn’t run away?

During the many skirmishes in the days before Hattin, Saracen raiders frequently routed the field when Richard‘s bowels started the feared crusader warcry „pffffffffffftooooouuuuaaaargh!“, which also gave him his arab nickname Aslanrüzgar, roughly translatable as „The windy Lion“.

It is also, among historians of the period, speculated whether the shattering sound of the eruptions from Richard‘s guts that caused a wall to collapse during the storm of Jericho was a late echo of the famous biblical story.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 08:41:37 AM »
lol o_o lol

I wonder how he got his name, and did a little research. Here is a liberal translation from the famous Crusader Encyclopedia by the late Dr. M.C.W.W. Cartwright, PhD, KotE, WMCA:

Was it when his bodily odours single handed defeated the Saracen ar Akko? Or when the desert winds brought the stench into besieged Jerusalem reportedly killing hundreds who couldn’t run away?

During the many skirmishes in the days before Hattin, Saracen raiders frequently routed the field when Richard‘s bowels started the feared crusader warcry „pffffffffffftooooouuuuaaaargh!“, which also gave him his arab nickname Aslanrüzgar, roughly translatable as „The windy Lion“.

It is also, among historians of the period, speculated whether the shattering sound of the eruptions from Richard‘s guts that caused a wall to collapse during the storm of Jericho was a late echo of the famous biblical story.

"The Lion sleeps tonight!"

;D

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 09:34:20 AM »
"The Lion sleeps tonight!"

;D

I guess that plantlife will be dead by tomorrow morning... you should make a template effect like for the old plague demons.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »
I intended calling him 'King Harry the Lionfart'...
but then realised I'm never, ever, full of crap.

>:D