Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686464
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: High Noon: Dexterity Combat Game- Battle of Fort Ridgely  (Read 934 times)

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
High Noon: Dexterity Combat Game- Battle of Fort Ridgely
« on: July 15, 2019, 09:13:51 PM »
With the launch of High Noon it seemed appropriate to share a large game we played loosely based on the battle of Fort Ridgely in the Dakota War of 1862. I have long wanted to build and play a wargame campaign for this conflict. However, I have not really had a chance to put it high enough on my Hobby to do list to actually get it on the table. I have a few sketched out drafts for core rules, and a basic idea of the campaign flow, but that is about it. If I can't play a full fledged campaign, I can at least play a game loosely based on the events.

After a flare up of hostilities between the Dakota and white settlers in Minnesota; a local war broke out. There were the typical massacres, some battles between local militia and Indian tribes, that eventually culminated in the Dakota attacking Fort Ridgely. Fort Ridgely was a wall-less fort similar to many forts on the prairie frontier and during the Indian wars in America. It was composed of only a few buildings, and had a relatively small garrison. The Dakota were attempting to drive the white settlers out, and by attacking the fort they hoped to force better terms from the Minnesotans.

High Noon is part of my series on Dexterity Combat along with Green Army Men: Plastic Men, Steel Resolve and Total CARnage. Therefore, there are no dice rolls, rulers, templates, etc. Everything is resolved as WYSIWYG, coin flips, coin flicks, or hand based templates. This is a very family and non-wargamer friendly game.

Find out who won the Battle of Fort Ridgely; the Native-Americans or the Troopers; here:

https://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/2019/07/battle-report-high-noon-attack-at-fort.html
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing