Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686552
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ancient Treasures on the Yellow River  (Read 2874 times)

Offline stefanov

• Bookworm
Ancient Treasures on the Yellow River
« on: July 16, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »
Dear all,
last Saturday we had a lot of fun with a 4-player scenario, using the great "Setting the East Ablaze" ruleset.

A treasure found in the Gobi desert needed to be shipped from China to Europe...

Well, in case you have little curiosity to know more, please look at details on the link.

http://stefanov.no-ip.org/wordpress/index.php/2019/08/04/ancient-treasures-on-the-yellow-river/

The narrative is not yet there, but the archeologists managed to escape, after a lot of trouble.
Attached some teaser pictures from the scenario (mmm, I don't know how to post pictures... too bad for me)

Best,
Stefano
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 07:53:15 PM by stefanov »

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Re: Ancient Treasures on the Yellow River
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 07:42:51 PM »
Great looking game! Nicely painted minis and I love your junks  :-* :-*  :-*Are the junks scratch built?
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Panama

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:09:55 PM »
Wonderful stuff all round from intro to model & terrain :)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:11:24 AM »
Nice.  Visited your blog but the photos at the bottom obscured part of your OOB - don't know if it is my computer or yours.

Offline stefanov

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 06:08:20 AM »
Dear LB,
the junks are not scratch built. They are from Minimi miniatures, resin boat and wooden masts. The sails are painted paper, Minimi offered a template to copy and use. Please check here: http://www.minimi.co.uk.

Minimi also make (made?) the Clyde Puffer that you see in one of the pictures, and some pirate ships. Sometime ago they just stopped answering to my begs for new orders. I don't know if they are back in the market now.
Best,
Stefano
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:05:24 AM by stefanov »

Offline stefanov

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 06:12:44 AM »
Dear Fifteensaway,

I tested the blog appearance on Safari and Chrome, then on my phone, it seems to work well. The platform is Wordpress so I would not expect very strange behaviours, please check with another browser and let me know again.

If you or anybody else is interested in the details of the OOB, I have now made available for download the unit cards I used in the game.

Cheers,
Stefano
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:41:43 PM by stefanov »

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 04:26:14 PM »
Stefano, ditto as above. What a great looking table and minis! The scenario and intro are electric. The game looks like big fun. I’m going to have to hijack this scenario for my group to play. I’ve got everything painted but the Chinese Imperial troops. Well done sir!!!!

Offline stefanov

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 05:55:03 PM »
Dear JBaumal,
many thanks, I am flattered! It would be an honour for me that someone plays this scenario with his friends.
I will update the cards when I have some spare time, so that everything is in place. For example, I would suggest that more chinese regulars are equipped with bombs. In the game we played, on one sector of the table, the HMG and Field gun could not bear and the rest of the army was helpless against armour.
Cheers,
Stefano
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 06:11:40 PM by stefanov »

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 01:26:05 PM »
Stefano, I will create a file with all the data. I’ve got to paint some more figures, find a sub or substitute a German Gunboat which I have lots, and paint my train. Building and painting another Chinese house as well, maybe. This really is an awesome scenario. I will use a variation of The Sword And The Flame.

Offline stefanov

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 06:04:19 PM »
Dear JBaumal,
please please send us photos as you manage to organise your troops and then your game!
Best,
Stefano

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 03:53:07 PM »
Stefano, absolutely will do.

Did you give each faction individual victory conditions, separate objectives, or conflicting mission briefings to aid in the chaotic fun? I can see the game unfolding with players maneuvering for advantage.

Offline stefanov

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 04:47:15 PM »
Dear JBaumal,
I have included now a set of objectives for each of the parties involved. The objectives are such that essentially there will be two sides, but each player has his own goal to win the game.
I hope it may work for you. Happy gaming!
Cheers,
Stefano

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2019, 01:45:40 AM »
Stefano, great news, please send the link to your site. I can’t seem to log onto it from the above one.

Offline MGH

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2019, 04:50:17 AM »
The url did not work for me either  :'(

Offline stefanov

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2019, 07:54:35 PM »
Dear all,
I am extremely sorry, my site was down for the last few days. It should be back now.
Here is the up-to-date link:
http://stefanov.no-ip.org/wordpress/index.php/2019/08/04/ancient-treasures-on-the-yellow-river/
Best
Stefano