Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fireforge Games: New Plastic Fantasy Forgotten World Northern Cavalry Reviewed!  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Today we have yet another exciting Fireforge Games miniature review! This time we will be checking out the brand new Fantasy Forgotten World Northern Cavalry. Field the agile yet lightly armoured cavalry of the barren North and crush your enemies on the tabletop miniature battlefield! Check the full review and scale comparison here and let me know what you think of the review and miniatures!

https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2019/07/fireforge-games-new-plastic-fantasy.html
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
Thanks for the review.  The figures are well done.  I have a strange desire to turn them into mounted fantasy Vikings with some head and shield swaps.  Hmmmm.
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
Thanks for the review!
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks guys  ;)

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nice review, can’t wait for the undead

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
This line of miniatures is really looking good.  Lovely to see more generic (ish) fantasy stuff.  I know the GoT inspiration, but they're absolutely solid generic fantasy stuff.  Diggin' them.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
This line of miniatures is really looking good.  Lovely to see more generic (ish) fantasy stuff.  I know the GoT inspiration, but they're absolutely solid generic fantasy stuff.  Diggin' them.

That's exactly what I was thinking, some solid generic fantasy soldiers and especially cavalry which are great for any wargame or roleplaying game. The GoT look is a nice touch though and might attract some more attention but that said they are actually just some cool cold climate clothed figures!

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
Echoing all the comments above, nice poses and generic light cavalry with the right balance of armour and cold weather kit. I'm on the lookout for Northern GOT cavalry (honest guv!) these are now on my wish list! :)
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
IIRC these also scale up perfectly with frostgrave plastics, so between all the sprues out for that and from fireforge you have a lot of mix and match options.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
Echoing all the comments above, nice poses and generic light cavalry with the right balance of armour and cold weather kit. I'm on the lookout for Northern GOT cavalry (honest guv!) these are now on my wish list! :)

Looking forward in seeing that!

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Great review, thanks for sharing.

The figs do look great. Do you know how well they scale with the Oathmark stuff? :) EDIT: I see you posted a comparison with the Frostgrave figs in the review of the northern foot figs, thanks for that review as well! It answers my questions for sure.

Thanks
n
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:05:46 PM by Neldoreth »