Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:06:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim/Frostgrave crossover or conversion?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Zinkala

• Bookworm
Mordheim/Frostgrave crossover or conversion?
« on: July 17, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »
Was chatting about Mordheim on another forum and got thinking about this. 20 years ago Mordheim was one of our most played games. After playing newer more stream lined games like Frostgrave I can't go back to the old GW style of many dice rolls to determine one attack. I was wondering if anybody ever mashed together the Mordheim warbands and fluff with Frostgrave mechanics? With the additional experience rules from ROSD it might not be all that hard.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Mordheim/Frostgrave crossover or conversion?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 08:49:34 PM »
I'd imagine 90% of Frostgrave games were, initially, played on Mordheim terrain with Mordheim minis.  I never enjoyed Frostgrave (personal opinion), but if you can break down the "it's all about the wizard", then maybe?  I don't see why not.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Zinkala

• Bookworm
Re: Mordheim/Frostgrave crossover or conversion?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »
My main complaint (which is pretty minor) with Frostgrave is the "All about the wizard" focus. I haven't played Ghost Archipelago yet but it's a step away from that and in Rangers of Shadowdeep you can make your main character however you want, not just a wizard. ROSD in particular really ticked all the boxes with me and the kids. We've finished the published scenarios, made a few of our own and have stalled a bit with summer. So the mind is wandering thinking of more things we can do with it.

May try doing this myself but was curious if any one else had already done something like it. I'm not above stealing other people's work and ideas for my own use if it saves me time.  lol