Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:45:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686475
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gangland!  (Read 2523 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Gangland!
« on: July 20, 2019, 06:02:23 AM »
As in Gangland Boulevard, in 15 mm of course.  The whole setup should be about 3' wide and 6' long or so.

More photos and information on the blog - how many figures, how many vehicles, a bit about the layout.

Link to blog: https://steeplechasingzebras.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 06:04:08 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline Deflatermouse

• Librarian
Re: Gangland!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 10:57:28 AM »
Wow. Awesome set up.
Those buildings look incredible. For vehicles, have you seen the Zvezda Zil 5 truck? Could pass as a Ford truck.
Have you any of the All Quiet on the Martian front roadsters? How do they compare?
The Blue Moon figures, how do they compare to the Rebel Minis gang figures? I have always imagined they would be quite a bit larger.

Would you include the odd horse-drawn cart? Any curbside fruit stalls or the like?
You be filling out your alleys with trash cans and all sorts I imagine. Pendraken do a range of 10mm and 15mm animals of which their cats are quite good at this scale.
Thanks for sharing

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 04:14:10 AM »
Deflatermouse, I think the best answer I can provide is to put up some comparison shots of the three ranges: Rebel, Khurasan, and Blue Moon.  So I did.  Just use the link above and go to the newest post (as of 7/20/19 USA time anyway).  As to the Zvezda and Roadster, not familiar with either.

Horse drawn cart?  Maybe, I did get the Hillbillies set from Blue Moon.  As to animals, I'm probably the most well supplied 15 mm gamer on the planet with various and sundry zoological 'bits and bobs', including the cats you mention.  Though, as always, not all is painted.  Heck, if I want, I can have a herd of zebras meander down Gangster Blvd.   :o

And, yes, Blue Moon does a top notch job on what they put out as far as buildings (though sometimes a bit too large but what the heck).

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 06:07:49 AM »
Awesome! I have always been put off by the prices of BM buildings, but admit they look great.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 01:16:42 PM »
DivisMal, buy the Army Card and then almost everything is 40% off.  It very much more than pays for itself pretty quickly.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 12:44:30 PM »
DivisMal, buy the Army Card and then almost everything is 40% off.  It very much more than pays for itself pretty quickly.

Sorry, but what is the Army Card? Some kind of club for Blue Moon minis?

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 01:05:37 PM »
A really good start on this project.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 10:42:44 PM »
A yearly membership in the Old Glory Army costs $50.  For that $50 you get one year of 40% off all of the products that are sold by Old Glory 25s:  Blue Moon (28mm and 15mm), Old Glory 25s, West West, and Command Decision.  I've probably left something out, but you get the idea.  If you like those products, it's definitely the way to go.  I've been doing it for years.

Offline Jerm

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 12:46:28 AM »
looks cool already - I understand this kind of project! I too am building a mobsterville city - tho' for 28mm models, but I shall be watching (and cheering) for more updates on your progress. I need to get off my butt and get some pics/blog stuff posted. Good start and good luck

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 12:51:06 AM »
War In 15 mm is essentially correct except that there are some exceptions - and I'm pretty sure they are all noted on the site.  I, too, have been doing the $50 per year Army card for some time and it has always way more than paid  for itself.  The challenge will be that I'm very much winding down on the whole purchase side of things and what will I do if they release something very tempting but not justifying the Army Card?  Probably just get it through the local hobby shop where I get a 10% discount and give them some business.

Another note: I expect to create each 'city block' as a single base so that means seven bases.  That will allow quicker setup. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 04:53:05 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 09:39:01 PM »
Thanks guys! If I lived in the US, I’d definitely join. Now since there is custom controls and customs for anything over I think ca. €50.- I tend to make small orders hoping that they simply pass through, which happens more often than you would think.

Tempting if they had continued the plans for a EU-US free trade tone...

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 12:26:29 AM »
Isn't there an Old Glory UK?  No idea if they offer the army card, though.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
Isn't there an Old Glory UK?  No idea if they offer the army card, though.

I’ll check it out, but it may be that the UK, with their choice of Prime Minister, is going to leave the EU without any trade agreement which seriously could affect any kind of trade with both the US and the EU.