Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:05:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689620
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Normandy Farm my 3D Project  (Read 6706 times)

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
Re: Normandy Farm my 3D Project
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »
Pictures of the finished article

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Eclaireur

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 04:58:22 PM »
well done! really great looking project. I love your attention to detail, like the guttering and damaged shutters. The walls also look just the right thickness whereas mdf usually looks too thin, resin often rather thick.
If I had the room to store any more buildings I'd be looking to buy some off you!
EC

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2019, 10:28:32 PM »
 :oWow I am so glad that you paint them as they would not look as good if I tried to paint them  lol

Wow, that’s very impressive.  I’d not realised 3D printing had come on so far.

Over the past few years it has come on leaps and bounds. However the quality of printer and PLA used does have an effect on the end product.

well done! really great looking project. I love your attention to detail, like the guttering and damaged shutters. The walls also look just the right thickness whereas mdf usually looks too thin, resin often rather thick.
If I had the room to store any more buildings I'd be looking to buy some off you!
EC

Thank you, I am currently designing the Barn etc in ruin as well so the whole farm can be destroyed etc.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2019, 12:23:21 PM »
Can't wait to see it released !

Offline Paratrooper 42

• Librarian
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 10:46:03 AM »
Nice to see it in its entirety

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2019, 03:38:44 PM »
Can't wait to see it released !
I'm afraid it is not a commercial venture but if you PM Hami he might consider printing one for you. 

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2019, 05:01:38 PM »
I'm more interested into the stl files (for personal use of course) :)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2019, 05:14:52 PM »
Very nice indeed. Funny enough, having spent last night looking for an old set of Waterloo card buildings I had squirreled away somewhere, it strikes me that making a set of designs for modular walls and buildings that could make up La Haye Sainte or Hougoumont could be very popular - especially since it could be used for any number of periods and be readily scaled up/down. 
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2019, 06:29:05 PM »
so the farm seen its first action today:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=119086.0

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2019, 09:32:15 AM »
Nice.

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2020, 07:15:46 AM »
So I have now finally completed this little project after many months of doing it in-between other projects (mainly for my old man and my 3d printing adventure can be found here - http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=122216.msg1582900#msg1582900 ).

This was the final touch to my farm complex. The Ruined barn, it is about 170mm long x 100mm deep x 100mm height, it is the same size as the original barn just has seen better days. I have also printed ruined floors for in inside of the barn but forgot to take a photo of them.

I am due to see my Dad this weekend so I will try and get some photos of both farms and maybe some action photos as I am sure we will squeeze in a few games while I am down visiting.

Offline Monty

• Scientist
    • Monty's Caravan Blog
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »
Wow, this is an awesome piece of 3D art!  :-*

I've been absent from LAF for a while and today I started to look for some Normandy ideas for my 15mm project. But I didn't expect to find such eye candy!

Actually I wouldn't dare to ask if you're willing to share you're work but in case that you consider to I'd be glad to give it a try on my Ender 3x (which should arrive next week... ;) )

Cheers
Stefan
Please visit my blog: Monty's Caravan

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2020, 07:18:56 AM »
Wow, this is an awesome piece of 3D art!  :-*

I've been absent from LAF for a while and today I started to look for some Normandy ideas for my 15mm project. But I didn't expect to find such eye candy!

Actually I wouldn't dare to ask if you're willing to share you're work but in case that you consider to I'd be glad to give it a try on my Ender 3x (which should arrive next week... ;) )

Cheers
Stefan

Apologies I thought i replied to this question,
Thank you for you rind words, please PM me if your still interested in the files.

i have started selling copies (different scales) of these models to people on this forum so if anyone is interested please PM me.

Offline brunei35

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »
I have bought the farm house, barn, ruined barn and walls. They were printed within a week, look excellent and no issues on the prints. Hami's communications were excellent.

Thanks Hami

Cheers

Offline Hami

• Librarian
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2020, 07:39:41 AM »
I have bought the farm house, barn, ruined barn and walls. They were printed within a week, look excellent and no issues on the prints. Hami's communications were excellent.

Thanks Hami

Cheers

thank you Brunei35,