Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BOT WAR - New robot skirmish game  (Read 1556 times)

Offline EssarD

• Assistant
BOT WAR - New robot skirmish game
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:22:43 PM »
Hi folks. Just thought I'd let everyone know about this new game, as I haven't seen it mentioned too many places outside of its Facebook group. It's inspired by Transformers (as you can see from the minis), and set on 1980s Earth. The starter box is due for release next month, but there's already a range of minis available, and he's currently working on some 1980s-style scenery.

Website/starter box preorder: https://tradersgalaxy.com.au/product/bot-war-starter-box-preorder-release-date-august/

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/312126222670983/

I haven't actually played the game yet, nor am I associated with the company. But the creator of the game is based out of my hometown (Brisbane, Australia) and the minis look pretty sweet, so thought I'd help get the word out. The creator is very active on the Facebook group, so if you have any questions I'm sure he'd be able to answer them. :)

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
Re: BOT WAR - New robot skirmish game
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 10:07:26 PM »

Well colour me interested.  :-*

I'm afraid that as I don't do Facebook I can't see anything from the FB group - would you happen to know if the game is available from anywhere within Europe?
Shipping cost does seem quite sensible but customs fees would likely get nasty.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline EssarD

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 05:18:44 AM »
I'm not sure, sorry. Would be worth contacting the creator via the website and finding out though: https://tradersgalaxy.com.au/elements/pages/contact-2/

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 08:41:29 AM »
I bought their entire not-Transformers line before it was discontinued. They moved away from IP protected ranges in order to not hurt their business. Especially since there are substantiated rumours that a Clix Transformers line is on the horizon.

I found them to be very friendly and helpful and their products are top notch. Also, they're very well packaged in very thick ziploc bags, which are then also heat-sealed.

And when I discovered I was missing one head, they sent them immediately; excellent service. Also; since my orders (2) were above a certain amount, shipping from Australia to the Netherlands was free!

I can't comment on the game itself (I also do not facebook), but I hear it's pretty cool.

Btw; here's the thread that got me onto Tradersgalaxy's trail...  :)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 09:36:37 AM »
I love these guys - I thought I'd been really creative trying to find COBRA bits to print in 6mm, then I found they had a massive range!

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 07:58:44 AM »
I'm not sure, sorry. Would be worth contacting the creator via the website and finding out though: https://tradersgalaxy.com.au/elements/pages/contact-2/

No worries, I'll just drop them a message.  :)

I bought their entire not-Transformers line before it was discontinued. They moved away from IP protected ranges in order to not hurt their business. Especially since there are substantiated rumours that a Clix Transformers line is on the horizon.

I found them to be very friendly and helpful and their products are top notch. Also, they're very well packaged in very thick ziploc bags, which are then also heat-sealed.

And when I discovered I was missing one head, they sent them immediately; excellent service. Also; since my orders (2) were above a certain amount, shipping from Australia to the Netherlands was free!

I can't comment on the game itself (I also do not facebook), but I hear it's pretty cool.

Btw; here's the thread that got me onto Tradersgalaxy's trail...  :)

Thanks for the review and that link.  :D