Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Koyote's Age of Magic -SAGA  (Read 64647 times)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Koyote's Age of Magic -SAGA
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2019, 05:26:52 PM »
Each chariot sprue includes a druid and Boudica model, so when you buy the Victrix Celtic Chariot kit you get 3 druids and 3 Boudicas. 

Ogrob, I'm a fan of your work and I'd love to see what you do with these models.  PM me your address and I will mail you the druid and Boudica models from the kit.

Wow, that is really generous, but aren't you in the States? Shipping to Sweden is going to be crazy, so I really can't. I'm sure I'll pick the kit up at some point anyway.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »
Wow, that is really generous, but aren't you in the States? Shipping to Sweden is going to be crazy, so I really can't. I'm sure I'll pick the kit up at some point anyway.
A small padded envelope won't cost that much to ship.  If you change your mind, PM me your address.

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »
Each chariot sprue includes a druid and Boudica model, so when you buy the Victrix Celtic Chariot kit you get 3 druids and 3 Boudicas. 

Ogrob, I'm a fan of your work and I'd love to see what you do with these models.  PM me your address and I will mail you the druid and Boudica models from the kit.

+ 1 reason why this forum is nice!  :D Friendly and helpful people.
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2019, 08:48:35 PM »
Ogrob, your toys are in the mail. 

In addition to Boudica and the druid, I threw in two of the Celt warriors that came with the chariot kit along with a bunch of arms, weapons, and heads.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2019, 09:13:57 PM »
One of my take-aways from my first game of AoM is that it would sure be nice to have tokens to mark units affected by spells. 

Well, it looks like a company called Historique wasted no time filling this need.  :)

LINKY
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:17:08 PM by Koyote »

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2019, 07:37:57 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Maddoc

• Librarian
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2019, 12:16:15 PM »
Done anything with it yet Ogrob?  lol

Loving this thread - giving me good motivation to throw some stuff together!

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2019, 06:49:33 PM »
After a few games with my Lords of the Wild, I've decided to bench my Monster.  I attribute my poor success with the big beastie to my inexperience using it, but also to the fact that I rarely have the SAGA dice that I need to activate a Monster.  Since my Warlord is mounted on a Beast, I don't have a We Obey to fall back on.  And between my best battle board abilities and my Levy, there's too much competition for uncommon and rare SAGA dice for me use them on a Monster. 

With the newly freed up 1 point and an extra four bodies from my Warrior units, I'm going to experiment with a unit of 3 Creatures.  The Lords of the Wild battle board doesn't have the defensive buffs that the Otherworld Creatures enjoy, but it does have some nice melee buffs and access to Animal Prowess spell should help.

Fielding a unit of Creatures also gives me an excuse to use one of my favorite GW Ogre models, the Arabian Maneater.  For a bit of variety, I've added to this unit an Avatars of War Ogre Khan with Great Weapon.  I bought this model a while back to use as an Ogre Bodyguard for my Kislev Warband, but I never got around to painting it.  The AoW Ogre doesn't have a gut-plate.  Instead it has two ridiculous armored hubcaps protecting its nipples, like a backup dancer in a 1990's Madonna music video.  After an hour with a hobby knife, some greenstuff, and an extra gut-plate, I transformed him into a proper Ogre. 

An air bubble in the cast damaged the model's nose, so my Ogre chief also ended up with a nose job.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2019, 07:04:32 PM »
Nice looking unit. I've really liked Creatures in units of three. Very tanky and very hard hitting.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2019, 07:34:22 AM »
Here's my newest addition to my Age of Magic Horde Celt warband, 3 Quadruped Creatures.  The models come from Games Workshop's Fenrisian Wolf Pack kit.  They are mounted on 40mm Renedra rounds.  I used Apoxie Sculpt to make the rocks and logs.

The prevalence of wolves in ancient and medieval Irish myths and history made them a natural choice for my Celt Horde.  The last wild wolf in Ireland was killed in the late 18th century, but up through the middle ages, wolves were so common in Ireland that it was sometimes referred to as Wolfland.

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2019, 03:59:32 PM »
Just caught up with the thread, fantastic project!

Wolves look great!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2019, 08:09:35 PM »
Some more cool additions. I’ve not played Saga AoM for ages now...

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2019, 08:13:16 PM »
I backed Fireforge Games' Forgotten World Kickstarter in September of 2018 without any plans on what to use the models for.  All that I knew is that I absolutely loved their Undead models and I had to have them.

I received my models a couple of months ago, but I've been busy with other projects, so until last weekend, my Undead have been neglected.

My theme for this warband is a cursed forest that has fallen under the spell of a malign, enigmatic fae creature who takes the form of a gaunt, impossibly tall manlike creature reminiscent of member of the Wild Hunt from Northern European folklore.  The warband is comprised of the reanimated men, elves, and even a treant, of forest kingdoms decimated by the fae creature's dark magics.

The Warlord is Privateer Press' Lord of the Feast model, which I have long admired, but until now, have never had a use for.  I removed the raven from its extended arm and replaced its sword with a spear.  The model is almost twice as tall as a rank-and-file infantry models in the warband, so I've mounted it on a 40mm base and for game purposes, it will be a counts-as Warlord (or Necromancer) on a Beast.

The Sorcerer and Warriors are from Fireforge's Living Dead model line.  I have on order enough shields with the defoliated tree insignia (see below) to equip all of the warriors.

The undead Treant and archers represent victims from the forest's elven kingdom.

The Treant (Behemoth) was another model that I purchased without any plans for it.  The manufacturer is Ultraforge Miniatures, but I purchased it for 50% off during the Warstore's going out of business sale.

The archers (Warriors with bows) are Reanimate Archers from Fantasy Flight's Runewars game. 

Like the Warriors in the first photo, these knights (Hearthguard) are reanimated corpses from the forest's human kingdom.  Their original shield insignia's were transformed by the fae creature's dark magic, from the kingdom's living tree heraldry to the symbol of the fae creature, the cursed tree.

The knights and shields are made by Fireforge Games.  The only thing that I don't like about the Living Dead Knights kit is that the knights' heads are a tad small.  I remedied this by replacing the original heads with heads from Games Workshop's Skeleton Warriors kit.

This last model, may or may not make it into my warband as a Lieutenant -Black Knight.  It too was part of the Fireforge Kickstarter, and like the knights, its head seems a tad small, so I replaced it with a bit from an old GW wood elf kit. The bit, a horned skull wrapped in vines, was intended to decorate a base. I used a hobby knife to cut away the vines, and voila, I have an (over-the-top) horned skull helmet.  And since this fella is dead and likely a skeleton himself, its a skull helmet sitting on top of another fleshless skull.  Double skull, FTW!

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2019, 08:28:21 PM »
You just churn out armies! It all looks fantastic, the theme is so evocative. Haven't seen many people build the undead from Fireforge yet, but they are very nice looking. I have some of their zombie villagers waiting to be built myself.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2019, 01:35:14 AM »
Wow. Another fantastic looking army is awaiting paint.    Did you ever post finished pictures of  the Celtic group? Or the ogres? I really loved the pallet you had going with them. 
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;