Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:06:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689697
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SPQR - NEW FAQ from Warlord  (Read 9482 times)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: SPQR - NEW FAQ from Warlord
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2019, 10:08:34 PM »
Nice looking figures you have painted up.
To me it looks like a larger game would be the way to go.
 Maybe 3 to 4 units and a couple of officers.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:06:38 PM by Marine0846 »
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2019, 05:01:54 AM »
beautiful paintjob !

Offline DegenerateElite

• Bookworm
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2019, 07:47:09 AM »
Reading through the rules and FAQ and a couple of things came to mind.

The standard that many units can spend 25 points for doesn't help with Will to Fight checks with the clarification to checks in the FAQ, and that's unfortunate.  Seems actual Bravery checks are mostly from hero talents.   So right now, it seems to be a waste of points.

That would also mean that Strength in Numbers special rule that many warbands have does not apply to Will to Fight checks either. I suspect that this will get FAQed again.

Clubs can smash and ignore the Parry rules, so it would seem they would make great weapons against Romans, or anyone with Large Shields and Swords.   Trouble is, I can't find a single instance of any troops being able to buy them.  Not one.  I guess that would be rather gamey, but it's still odd that there are no troops that can take them.

The melee change is a huge deal for a unit.  I wonder if the intention is just to apply it to heroes vs a unit and not to the unit vs unit combats.  Seems a rather drastic change up.

I take it that XP for heroes in cumulative and not spent, though that's not really stated anywhere.

There seems to be lots of little things that should have had an extra few words added onto them and it would have prevented many questions.  For such simple rules, these are pretty sloppy in their writing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 08:28:11 AM by DegenerateElite »