Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:36:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Marvel Crisis Protocol  (Read 12217 times)

Offline Jay Adan

• Assistant
  • Gaming since the 70's
    • jayadan.com
Re: Marvel Crisis Protocol
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2019, 12:32:22 PM »
I just wanted to mention that I got my first game of this in over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2019, 04:25:00 PM »
40MM you say..... nope....

I agree in general, but might still get MODOK and possibly Hulk.  Neither one of them are expected to be human-sized anyway, and they should be fine along with my existing 28mm supers.  It's hard not to like the idea of owning a MODOK fig, even if I'll be converting it to lose the "fart cloud" thing.

Offline Jay Adan

• Assistant
  • Gaming since the 70's
    • jayadan.com
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2019, 08:38:49 PM »
The minis ended up not being quite as large overall as I expected.

Marvel Crisis Protocol Miniature Size Comparison by Jay Adan, on Flickr

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2019, 07:51:26 AM »
I agree in general, but might still get MODOK and possibly Hulk.  Neither one of them are expected to be human-sized anyway, and they should be fine along with my existing 28mm supers.  It's hard not to like the idea of owning a MODOK fig, even if I'll be converting it to lose the "fart cloud" thing.
Thats a good point, the more monstrous models might work with smaller scales.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2019, 02:15:13 PM »
Thats a good point, the more monstrous models might work with smaller scales.

Yeah, with supers as long as they aren't holding or standing on something that sharply defines a scale you can jam all sorts of "offsized" figs in - and that's before you consider size changers or stretchy guys.  The Superfigs range from Old Glory is chock full of big 40mm plus sculpts and little 15-20mm shrinkies.  Same goes for totally nonhuman stuff.  How big an alien, or a robot, or even an ogre or giant?

Offline Cusm

• Assistant
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »

I plan on doing the same thing. I have a ton of Heroclix that are getting rebased, but the Hulk is on that they have not had a good size available and some like Thanos are expensive and rather small. I will grab a MCP Thanos when he is released.